Sign in to follow this  
Countrydave55

75% Of Al Quida Killed Or Captured

Nice line of BS isn't it? The enemy is everywhere and cannot be defined but we have eliminated 75% of them. Al Capp, where are you now in your country's time of need?

I

Edited by Iain

Really,, Saddam had a very effective means of dealing with insurgents no matter what flavor they were,,he had a very close knit "homegrown" spy network,,someone points a finger and they take them out and bury them.

The US n Brits don't have that luxury and won't ever have it,,but if they can get a leader that a clear majority of Iraqis trust they may be able to bring most of the insurgent movments under more scrutiny at the local level and deal with them in a more effective way.

Not getting your point V,

Are you suggesting that the US cultivate an Iraqi secret service along the lines of the East German Stasi as an interim method of stabilising the country and hastening an American withdrawal?

I

To me it looks more and more like the only way anyone will be able to actually control that country would be to rule the same way Hussein did. Makes me wonder how much of his "evil" was actually necessity.

We probably HAVE taken 75% of the AQ leaders out of commission--75% of the ones that existed before 9/11. The problem is that our actions have created more troops, leaders, and sympathizers.

god loves the CIA and MI6 , for their honesty , truth, love and respect for the common man... so does allah ...............!

Wouldn't be much of a terrorist group if we knew who everyone was though. There will always be members that come out of the wood-work. As long as America continues to "liberate" there will always be those that oppose them...whether they are AQ or not should not be important to the US. The US government has to employ some tactic to get these terrorists to stop resenting America. This could be an uphill battle now, though.

god loves the CIA and MI6 , for their honesty , truth, love and respect for the common man... so does allah ...............!

here's the respect the CIA n' a few folks have for truth, honesty n' an inclination to abide by the Geneva Convention....

http://apnews.myway.com/article/20041024/D85TM52O0.html

gotta agree Tankus, g-d love 'em all :rolleyes:

:tdn:

:help:

The US government has to employ some tactic to get these terrorists to stop resenting America

ceasing to exist would make 'em happy :P

This could be an uphill battle now, though.

that would be the understatement of the year :mrgreen:

sorry, but i'm moving from terribly cynical to horribly sardonic as each day goes by....just read an article that 49 (35-40 by us count) soldiers of the New Iraqi Army were found dead....massacred face down added to the 22 plus killed by the suicide bomber together with others killed the past 24 hours makes for a fairly hefty total.

i don't have any figures to back this up so it's just a guess of sorts but i'd bet dollars to donuts that a head count of terrorists would show an increase of more than the 75% bush claims to have captured since the 'war' began. i could be wrong but probly, sadly enough, not by mich....

I say we nuke Iraq. We should nuke any country that opposes us, and impose a new world order.

It won't be called Earth anymore, it'll be called The United Planet of America.

Funny thing is brandon, when we stay home, and keep our noses out of other countries affairs then they don't have a reason to "oppose" us. End of problem, no bombs necessary, no killing necessary, no maiming necessary..................

Funny thing is brandon, when we stay home, and keep our noses out of other countries affairs then they don't have a reason to "oppose" us. End of problem, no bombs necessary, no killing necessary, no maiming necessary..................

Can I still keep the shiny red button???

is this really true...I am not so sure it is because even when we become isolationists people hate us because we dont go and "help". In all honesty its a lose lose situation for the US.

Bid difference between "isolationists" and trying to impose our will, culture, and beliefs on others.

could be argued that this isnt true due to the sheer power of the US whenever it acts it is many times viewed as imposing its will regardless if it is or not.

Funny thing is brandon, when we stay home, and keep our noses out of other countries affairs then they don't have a reason to "oppose" us. End of problem, no bombs necessary, no killing necessary, no maiming necessary

...not sure how that fits in with the liberal internationalist/world community notion but if it means using our military primarily as a means of protecting our local interest, than I think I'm all for it. Would this also mean withdrawing from the UN Bruce?

Funny thing is brandon, when we stay home, and keep our noses out of other countries affairs then they don't have a reason to "oppose" us. End of problem, no bombs necessary, no killing necessary, no maiming necessary

No reason to oppose us???

The western countries are enemies as far as these people are concerned. Their religious beliefs clearly state that the west must be eliminated. So why would you possibly think that they would leave us alone when their religious beliefs and bylaws state the opposite???? When we are gone from the face of the earth, they will leave us alone by default.

Just like the Palestinians and Israel. The palestinians believe that Israel DOES NOT HAVE THE RIGHT TO EXIST so peace is not an option. The only solution with them is to destroy Israel or be destroyed themselves.