Sign in to follow this  
DragunLadee

Screennames

Hug, last name. Ed, first name. And, no matter where we move, I am the only 1 in the phone book.

Ed.

Never had any luck with using my name as a user name, since both my first and last names are very common.

So when I was registering for the pit, I was in a "I hate Florida" mode and all I could think was that I will be a New Yorker forever! :P

Never had any luck with using my name as a user name, since both my first and last names are very common.

So when I was registering for the pit, I was in a "I hate Florida" mode and all I could think was that I will be a New Yorker forever! :P

Hmmm...but don't all you folks end up in Florida eventually? ;)

Hmmm...but don't all you folks end up in Florida eventually? ;)

i did (from NY to FL).

florida is too overcrowded. our school has a total of 4000 people, in 2 separate schools (9, 10-12, 2 campuses). our old school had like 3000 people, grades 6-12.

Hum...I hate Florida too! Just moved from there less than 2 years ago and don't plan to go back! I think the main problems was I wasn't old enough to live there! :lol: Can't tell you how happy I was that I didn't live in Port Charlotte anymore after Charley just about blew it off the map!

Hum...I hate Florida too!  Just moved from there less than 2 years ago and don't plan to go back!  I think the main problems was I wasn't old enough to live there! :lol: Can't tell you how happy I was that I didn't live in Port Charlotte anymore after Charley just about blew it off the map!

New poll question.....who hates florida??? :P

Hmmm...but don't all you folks end up in Florida eventually?

Yeah we do, some of us sooner than later. I am no where near retirement age. If real estate and property taxes weren't so out of control, I'd go back in a New York minute!

Yeah we do, some of us sooner than later. I am no where near retirement age. If real estate and property taxes weren't so out of control, I'd go back in a New York minute!

Yea, definately, the property prices for the suburbs are INSANE. Gotta move up to the redneck infested areas. Then it's real cheap :mrgreen:

Yea, definately, the property prices for the suburbs are INSANE. Gotta move up to the redneck infested areas. Then it's real cheap :mrgreen:

Both of my sisters went north. I should have hung in there and done that too! :( Oh well, you know what they say, the grass is always greener on the other side.

Yea, it's gorgeous right now. All the leaves are bright golden, red and orange. All the trees look like they're on fire. In a month though it is all gonna be white everywhere. :(

I love waking up at 6am for school and walking outside to 15 degree temperatures and drifting snow. Damn school, starts at 7:15 am! We can't be like every other normal school and start at a normal time. :rolleyes:

Yea, it's gorgeous right now.  All the leaves are bright golden, red and orange.  All the trees look like they're on fire.  In a month though it is all gonna be white everywhere. :(

THAT MAKES ME HOMESICK!!!!!!! :bawling:

Take some pictures for me, amd dude. Nothing like fal in NY, and I miss seeing the change of colors.

Edited by NewYorker4ever

i did (from NY to FL).

florida is too overcrowded. our school has a total of 4000 people, in 2 separate schools (9, 10-12, 2 campuses). our old school had like 3000 people, grades 6-12.

*South florida is crowded. :P

Thanks, amd dude. The pictures are absolutely beautiful. Now I am really, really sorry that I left New York. All we have down here is sand and palm trees (and hurricanes) :P

You're that close to bear mountain bridge? I lived about 20-25 miles south, on the other side from where you are. :)

Sorry for hijacking your thread, DragunLady

Yup, extreme northern westchester county. :)

It's too expensive here so we are thinking of moving up north near dutchess county in a year or two. Taxes just keep going up. :mrsgreen:

Edited by amd dude

Yup, extreme northern westchester county.

It's too expensive here so we are thinking of moving up north near dutchess county in a year or two. Taxes just keep going up. 

If you're going to wait that long, you better think further north. I have relatives leaving Dutchess & moving to Chenango as we speak. :mrsgreen:

Ed.

Sorry for hijacking your thread, DragunLady

No apology required. ;) GD is for talking about anything and everything, and I don't mind a bit if you choose my thread to do it. I love reading all the comments, both on topic and off. :)

Some of the screen name explanations have been pretty self-explanatory, but I think my favorite will always be.........

TYPO :rofl2:

Sorry Dragunladee. Glad to hear I haven't offended you. I am totally oblivious to some things like me steering this off topic. :mrgreen:

Amd, don't think you could offend me if you tried (ok, maybe if you tried really really hard you could ;) ), so don't sweat it.

Everybody goes off on their own tangent at one time or another.

Oh, and btw........your pics were absolutely beautiful. Nature at it's finest I'd say.

AS for mine their my intals. RJA talk about origanial & creative (not 7331). Florida is too crowded. OH for the late fifties. PS my HS had 5,200 in 9-12 so....? & that was in the mid sixties.

This is the first board that ive used this name on, i always use Vegetto for everything (dbz). but when i joined the wise ones here advidesied me not to use it becouse of a previous member that appearntly coused some problems. sooo after some thinking (which realy hurt...) i came up with BBYTech587. if you dont know BBY stands for Best Buy and tech...well you know, the 587 is the store number that i worked at. the only thing i miss about that place was my fellow techs and the discount. thats it.

On the 8th day, God created me and the heavens spoke, and they said "thou shalt be called Z10N!" and the Lord thus sayith "finally, took me damn long enough." And all was good in the universe.

Basically it means in this context: a enigmatic zen like ambience, a state of perfect harmony, the "10" in the middle is from my many days as a pro soccer player, I was always #9 or 10.

Edited by Z10N

Mines is from the Town i come from - Wigan

A fairly large town in the Northwest of England, Wiganers (also known as pie eaters) get called alot for there Northern accent, by Scousers mainly (people from Liverpool)

Wigan World

I come from Standish in Wigan :) Quite a nice place, pretty good website an all, i found it interesting ;)