Change Mode

Is There Any Folding Team Here?

Dr^nO

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

With most of these types of programs, you only run them when your not using your computer. If you have your computer on 24/7, turn the program on when you go to bed, or leave the house. :)

Thanks donna I will re-install it :mrgreen:

I thought I could just run it all the time :blushing:

silly ol' bear, you can leave it run all the time. i have mine running as i type this it doesn't bog your system down. ;)

Maybe I did something incorrectly but it did slow my computer way down after I removed it I went right back to what I was prior to installing

I am going to download again but will only run when I am not on line :)

Edited by Silly'ol Bear

:) I would like to thank David (oftentired ... ( :snooze: like me)) for his excellent response to my ignorance in this topic ... that's what I wanted to know ... not the actual detail ... again thanks David ... and thanks to Donna as well for the contribution. :) ... MrFred ... now, let me see what I can do. :rolleyes:

actually, you can use both... the console version runs all the time & the screensaver runs whatever you set the timer to.

I'd only run the console version if you have a fast pc w/ lots of memory (256mb min.)

the console version puts an icon in the system tray, you can right-click on it and select configure, then on the 'user' tab put the number in box marked 'Team Number' ;)

the screensaver brings up the same configure screen when you 1st run it, and you can also right-click on the screensaver while it's running and select configure as well.

OK. I'm on board. I've been using the program for some time but I wasn't on any team. I changed it to the Pit team. I feel like I belong now! :mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen:

Edit: Never mind, I got my proggie from Intel and I guess your team isn't registered with them. Mine's for cancer research.

Edited by Star_Rider

Well, .... I've downloaded it .... I think it's installed .. :( .. I did get a dos type screen .... and I put that number in, but it wasn't in a box .... I have Norton firewall on, and I have to "say" permit every few minute.

Recently, I've altered that to be automatic!. :blank:

Because of my drive problems, I been leaving the 'puter on all the time ... but I do disconnect from the internet. :erm:

On the taskbar there is this:- FAH3Console

Click it and a dos screen comes up with a list of (maybe American) times on, plus other things :blank: .

I don't really know what's supposed to happen ... How do you monitor it?. :help: :blank:

Oh, .... and I don't use a screen saver ... and there's no power saving on. I do switch the monitor off. :blank:

Any comments for .... MrFred :blink:

it works in the backround using the cpu cycles it's all automatic. it's all you gotta do is type the folding teams # and it does it by itself. i'm not sure about norton's firewall i either use xp's firewall or outpost firewall, and give it permision to the net. btw xp's firewall gives it permission without saying boo. :blink:

I don't think I'm in the team?. :(

When I right click on the task bar ... there's no configuration option?. :blank:

Any comments radio?. :blank: