Change Mode

Not Sure What To Do...

Guest xenawp

Hi there everyone! I've learned a lot in the last hour I've been checking out this site. Its a great resource!

I attempted to see if I could find the solution to my problem before actually posting a cry for help but was not sucessful.

So here it is, every so often I'll be at a page and some random word will be turned into a link. I've done spyware checks and such and the only one to give anything back was the Pest Patrol scan and honestly, I don't have the money to get that right now as much as I'd like to. I also don't appear to have any viruses.

Any suggestions?

What ad/spyware scans did you run? Ad-Aware and Spybot S&D are my first choice.

If you're problems are that major:

1. Always check your running processes if you see something out of the ordinary and end anything being run by you that you didn't run.

2. Get Fresh UI from that site I can't remember and check out just what's being run at start up.

3. Run HiJackThis! and pst a log in the HJT fourm.

xenawp :welcome:

I assume you mean something like this,

Posted Image

If so, there is not much you can do, as it is a type of advertising being used by the website in question (someone else might know of a way though). It is just a way for the site to make money without having half the page taken up with ads.

Thanks for the welcome and the help everyone.

I had actually previously visited the link that Jacee provided and did everything except run HighJackThis!. I wanted to see if there was something I was over looking first.

I automatically assumed that it was a spyware or some such because of the similarities to the first time this had happened to me. After running Spybot, Adaware and another spyware scanner that comes with my internet provider and none of them got rid of the current problem I realized that it wasn't spyware but a glitch with the website themselves. It had to have been with the script that they use when messages are sent back and forth between users. It saw "www" before a word and intantly assumed it was going to be a web address. At least this is my thoughts based on all the tools I've used today.

Thank you all for the quick response.