X_C

• Replies 166
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

http://www.pcpitstop.com/techexpress.asp?id=WGAJ9WTC77RSQ147

So far so good, now to overclock a bit

Even better on 3DM 2001 http://service.futuremark.com/compare?2k1=8247270

By the way guys, when you reach a bad O/C, what do you press to reset soft bios on this board?

Thanks!

X_C

Edited by X_C

Thanks but I now about clearing the CMOS but I was hoping that this board had an easier way than that like the Asus boards. With an Asus, you just turn off the PC, then reboot and it will detect the bad over clock and allow you to make changes.

On an MSI board, you can press a couple buttons at post to enter BIOS with a bad over clock....ect

With an Asus, you just turn off the PC, then reboot and it will detect the bad over clock and allow you to make changes.

My DFI pretty much does the same thing as the Asus when over do it...something I tend to do alot these days for some reason :blink:

Mine just reboots... :blink: But I haven't tried to kill it yet. (OC) til I get some better cooling, the temps stull bother me at 42 at Idle and 60 at full tilt boogie. :mrsgreen:

Im afraid Im gonna burn it up... temps got to 70 once (while OC'ing) and I was freaking out :woot:

Mine just reboots... :blink: But I haven't tried to kill it yet. (OC) til I get some better cooling, the temps stull bother me at 42 at Idle and 60 at full tilt boogie. :mrsgreen:

Im afraid Im gonna burn it up... temps got to 70 once (while OC'ing) and I was freaking out :woot:

I've got mine down finally. At 2739mhz I'm running at 31 idle and 48 max load. The vcore in the bios is at 1.450 and 110% which is just a tad over 1.56v. It's rock solid finally.

I've got mine down finally. At 2739mhz I'm running at 31 idle and 48 max load. The vcore in the bios is at 1.450 and 110% which is just a tad over 1.56v. It's rock solid finally.

smoked me on everything :erm:

well except Everest memory latency Posted Image

If thats stable...thats awsome man..good job :tup:

:woot: how do you run your pc that high with such a low vcore? i had to use 1.7 to get 2700mhz stable enough to run SETI

Odd thing is, I thought I had to have my vcore that high too... but I was having issues above 2700mhz, so I thought I'd start over. I started with the stock vcore and it worked with minor problems at extreme load, so I thought I'd try just a bit more and voila!

I can run benches and everything up to about 2780, but then it isn't as stable as I'd like - even with higher vcore and vdimm.

I experimented and 249 x 11 is the highest completely stable clock that I'm able to get.

:woot: how do you run your pc that high with such a low vcore? i had to use 1.7 to get 2700mhz stable enough to run SETI

Btw, I can run seti @ 2.8ghz w/1.6v :P I'm afraid it would be sending errors, so I stopped it after about an hour and a half.

My max stable benchmarking speed is 2700 MHz.. but I'm still running the stock heatsink and have bad voltage options. It's either too little voltage or too high. Nothing in the nice range.

I need some new ram too.. In order to overclock anywhere near 2700 MHz, I have to lower my RAM speed by making the memory divider higher. Not to mention my computer doesn't boot when I try some high FSB options from BIOS.

Whenever I set my BIOS to higher than 209 MHz then it won't boot. I don't understand it! :shrug::pullhair::rollie:

Odd thing is, I thought I had to have my vcore that high too... but I was having issues above 2700mhz, so I thought I'd start over. I started with the stock vcore and it worked with minor problems at extreme load, so I thought I'd try just a bit more and voila!

I can run benches and everything up to about 2780, but then it isn't as stable as I'd like - even with higher vcore and vdimm.

I experimented and 249 x 11 is the highest completely stable clock that I'm able to get.

my board doesnt like to go much over 240fsb. i did notice that this new ram i got will run 1:1 all the way to 240 with 7-3-3-2.5 timings. with the ballistix i couldnt get over 225 without having to drop the divider

whats your HT set at when you go to 249?

edit: i can do 240 from the bios..:P no clockgen :)

http://www.pcpitstop.com/techexpress.asp?id=4YDC9WPQL7RS9447

Edited by crossfire

Thanks but I now about clearing the CMOS but I was hoping that this board had an easier way than that like the Asus boards. With an Asus, you just turn off the PC, then reboot and it will detect the bad over clock and allow you to make changes.

On an MSI board, you can press a couple buttons at post to enter BIOS with a bad over clock....ect

I don't know if it is supposed to do this, but usually if I've done something stupid with the RAM, I have one chance to fix it... I boot up and continue hitting the "insert" button like I used to have to do on my Abit and it works for me one time only, but if I'm stupid and save settings wrong again, I have to reset cmos. If I do set them right, then reboot, I can be stupid again. :P

Ok, I just got my 2 sticks of Balistix 512MB Memory (6-2-2-2)

Is this the timings I should try or what are you guys setting them up as for best results?

Posted Image

Thanks!

X_C

Ok, I just got my 2 sticks of Balistix 512MB Memory (6-2-2-2)

Is this the timings I should try or what are you guys setting them up as for best results?

Posted Image

Thanks!

X_C

Id try everything on "auto" for stock and see how the board detects it (should be 2-2-6-2).For an OC setup its really going to depend on your setup...not all boards are created equal.