Sign in to follow this  
IntelGuy

Do It For The Pit, Do It For The Rev.

why blow this situation up and make it something bigger than it has to be?

just follow the rules, and everybody wins. regardless of your opinons, this isnt your site, it's up to someone else to decide what does, and doesnt fly around here.

if you like your avatar that much, make it your desktop background.. then you can see it all the time, and noone can tell you you cant have it there. i mean making a big deal over something this stupid could make the admins remove all the avatars..just like they did with the signatures.. the actions of a few affect the whole group.. think about others before you make huge deal out of some fake boobs :rolleyes:

Edited by crossfire

I'm not trying to get avatars removed, because that would be :censored:

I'm just saying that my avatar was NOT sexually oriented and you see more skin at the beach. You see more when your a baby. A little cleavage, you see that at your office at work.

I even see it too much at school.

Edited by IanG

I'm not trying to get avatars removed, because that would be :censored:

but if the admins decide that the avatars are a problem around here, they will take them off, just to make things run smoother.. i mean people do come here for help with computers, not to see people griping over avatars..

this is really more of a GD type of thread .. :erm: maybe it should be moved so the oc newbies dont come here and get distracted by it :help:

I thought about the fact that it was privately owned and therefore was indeed subject to censorship, but somehow in my typing frenzy, it never made it to the keyboard. :)

-=Vran=-

Some avatar. ;)

I guess you are too young to remember. :(

But since you have the "Freedom of expression" it is not for me to say otherwise, just that it disgusts me.

Hawk :beer:

Actually, I didn't change it until after I read this BS anal rententive inspired thread. And I really doubt you're old enough to remember Hitler. I'm 46. Edit: My father was a US Navy carrier combat pilot that served in WW II, Korea and Viet Nam, so I do remember a little.

-=Vran=-

Edited by Vranichou

And I really doubt you're old enough to remember Hitler.

Oh yeah, I am. I lived through it. Not old enough to serve though although I lost a cousin (Sgt. in US Marines) at St.Lo. after D Day.

I think you should ask your father about the man you are using as an avatar & maybe he can explain.

Hawk :beer:

Actually, I didn't change it until after I read this BS anal rententive inspired thread.

speaking of anal rententive... if you keep posting like that you'll end up getting this thread closed :mrsgreen:

How 'bout Stalin? He was on our side in WW II. 'cept he was responsible for more deaths than Hitler, but still, he was on our side.

-=Vran=-

Guest fragged one

How 'bout Stalin? He was on our side in WW II. 'cept he was responsible for more deaths than Hitler, but still, he was on our side.

-=Vran=-

as long as you don't put up winston churchill! i mean, jeez! what a monster he was! :woot:

i don't see anything wrong with the avatar.

Hussein? How bout him? He was on our side too after the Ayathollah Khomeini took over Iran. He was our buddy then! We loved him! Thought he was the best thing since drive-in movies!

-=Vran=-

If I want to see skin, I'll go to the beach. I expect to see it there. This is a family oriented computer help site, family meaning of all ages, so no I don't expect to have to see it here.

Before any of you go expounding about your "rights" and freedom of expression, you might want to do a bit of research about those so called rights. This is a privately owned domain registered under US Laws. All the rights belong to the owner, not the members.

Oh come on. Its barely any skin. You guys are overreacting. It's an avatar. You dont need to look at it. You are acting like its life and death. ArtifullySedated, you can save your trip to the beach. I mean, geeze.

I dont care if its a family site or not. Its not showing any parts, not doing anything sexual. Who ever said wearing a shirt exposing some cleavage was sexual? YOU SEE IT ALL DAY ON TV!

Guest fragged one

Hussein? How bout him? He was on our side too after the Ayathollah Khomeini took over Iran. He was our buddy then! We loved him! Thought he was the best thing since drive-in movies!

-=Vran=-

buddy christ approved. :lol:

IanG, I disagree with you. I found your avatar not only sexually inappropriate for this type of forum but sexually suggestive and demeaning towards women as well. My 15 year old son likes it though

You can disagree with me as much as you want. Your age is different than ours. Us younger people are more intrested in women. Also, how was this demanding towards women?

I see volts avatar having jazzy kiss him. and stuff. My avatar had nothing to do with kissing. Just a hot woman.

So that's the solution! Instead of hot chicks you just set your avatar to hated historical figures responsible for millions of innocent deaths! I think I'll use James Monroe. Who remembers Manifest Destiny and the the plight of the noble savage during the early 1800's in the US? Too bad we weren't around then to defend them!

-=Vran=-

IanG....go watch TV or get outside and play.....you've been on about this avatar thing much too long. You're posting in two different areas on the same subject, and it's not going to change.

As Inp suggested, "drop it" before you embarrass yourself.

As was also suggested earlier....use your avatar as wallpaper and you will be able to see it all the time.

so go to a womens forum then :rolleyes:

Show me one. I'll leave this forum, leave you people alone, and never come back :)

Edit: FFS, you would see my avatar pic in any magazine, including Good Housekeeping...

Edited by IanG