Change Mode

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Can you show me a post or tell me about one that a moderator or admin has deleted or modified without any notification to the poster? Or a post where a moderator or admin censored someone's opinion because they just didn't like it?

This place is already turning into the said forums. It wont be much longer when you get ran out of the forums for asking a simple question.

what a load of crap!! These guys tolerate alot from us and very very rarely have I ever seen them do something that was unwarranted.

These guys tolerate alot from us and very very rarely have I ever seen them do something that was unwarranted.

i agree with you..... but the Pit has had it's moments in the past..... However, with the admins and mods that we have..... it was always able to be sorted out ....IMO..... :)

Don't really see the need for a boycott,,they need to take a long hard look at how they do things over there,,and perhaps a few of the folks doing it.

I like the forum and the members there,,some very interesting folks on that board,,I read it often and admire the British wit and sense of humor.

But when I read the 2 closed threads it set me to a hard hot boil,,and seeing no other way to let folks know how I felt I started the one that was removed. couple of people think all this should have been handled via PMs,,I disagree with that completely.

Its just not my style,,I like letting members have their say on the open forums as much as possible,,its all out front then.

Anyway sorry for any ruffled feathers but I just had to do what felt right.

You voiced your opinion in a decent manner, and you didn't intend to offend anyone. Some people make it their duty to keep a board clean and inoffensive, but those mods were just deleting posts to make themselves feel important. I'll pay a friendly visit to them, and see what they have to say about the situation.

Jacee... as Jazzy said

the buck stops with the forum Admin, a team is only as strong as its weakest link and that should be dealt with openly.

A few others have aired their views on the administration at WF... I take all critisism and deal with it the best way I know how... seeing as I'm at fault here... I've dealt with it the best way I know how.

skeptik... thats a good post. One of the WF rules is that a moderators decision will not be argued in public... a sensible rule I thought.

:(

? My post?

You mean my link to that post I found?

Yes... the link to the post you found! :P

Jakeofalltrades... thankyou, but I'm just going to fade away and kill a load of spyware.. I think that is all I'm good for now.

Yes... the link to the post you found! :P

Jakeofalltrades... thankyou, but I'm just going to fade away and kill a load of spyware.. I think that is all I'm good for now.

You seem to have alot of respect from the people there, and now some are threatening to resign their membership. At least think about it before you take action.

I'm fairly new to the Pitstop forums, have never visited the WF boards but have had a lot of experience in moderating and administration of forum boards.

nellie2, I think you're taking the brunt of a bad situation fully upon your shoulders unfairly. A good administrator never makes snap decisions to remove a moderator without fully exploring the circumstances of any and all complaints. Newly assigned moderators are always suspect to criticism from members, especially when they go a bit overboard with their responsibilities. And some are just idiots who betray your trust. While your forum rules indictate that a moderator's decision will not be argued in public, a public clarification of the action taken by the moderator always helps to reinforce your board's rules. Sounds like to me, you are/were a good administrator and should re-think your resignation

Edited by ArtfullySedated

I'm fairly new to the Pitstop forums, have never visited the WF boards but have had a lot of experience in moderating and administration of forum boards.

nellie2, I think you're taking the brunt of a bad situation fully upon your shoulders unfairly. A good administrator never makes snap decisions to remove a moderator without fully exploring the circumstances of any and all complaints. Newly assigned moderators are always suspect to criticism from members, especially when they go a bit overboard with their responsibilities. And some are just idiots who betray your trust. While your forum rules indictate that a moderator's decision will not be argued in public, a public clarification of the action taken by the moderator always helps to reinforce your board's rules. Sounds like to me, you are/were a good administrator and should re-think your resignation

Very well said! :) We need more administrators like you Nel. None of these happenings concern you, and you're not going to lose respect in your position. Keep up your role, and someone might learn from your accomplishments.

Nellie

but I'm just going to fade away and kill a load of spyware.. I think that is all I'm good for now.

Not in the slightest.

Jake

You seem to have alot of respect from the people there

tons of it.

the problem could well have been dealt with via PM, the post that began it was closed as it was beginning to degenerate, however a follow up post I deleted, and explained to the member my reasons for doing so (over a number of pm's )

the follow up post did, to me, seem inflammatory, maybe not the intention of the poster, but some other hotheads would have used it as an excuse to grind their axe, as such I felt it was better removed.

I think this "incident" needs a cooling off period.

I will never believe that moon and volt desired Nellie2 resign

We have several new mods here, and I would hate to think they would be sacked if they amade mistake

Mistakes are how everyone learns; that should be the lesson here.

Rules are made to change. :)

Hee, hee, look at my mistake, and I not going to change it; I'm off to run with scissors (think Frazier and Cheers TV). :rofl3: <---- love this person

Edited by flyfishingrules2

Fly they would beat us soundly to be sure we learned our lesson (said as a new mod) :mrwinky:

Nellie I wouldn't dream of speaking for Volt but if you liked the job don't give it. Just whip those that abuse your trust into line and move on as admin.

Nellie2,

Please don't resign. :(

I love both the Pit and WF and you and several others have helped me tremendously.

Please don't feel like this is your fault.

I don't know what it's like to be an Admin or a Mod but I think it can be a very difficult and sometimes thankless postion. (Or at least feel that way).

I would miss you terribly if you just faded away. :mrsgreen:

Please reconsider :unsure:

Nellie, I already told you what I think but I'll repeat it .... it would be a big mistake for you to resign. The WF members love you and so do we, there aren't enough female admins and we don't want to lose one!! :mrgreen:

Please reconsider Nel. :) jv