Change Mode

I posted on a matter there tonight and was very polite about what I said.

They deleted my post and are a bunch of lttle hitlers over there,,if I see a post with anything to do with that forum its gone.

Never in my born days have I seen such idiots,,really bad way to run a forum.

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, it does have to do with Windows so you might expect some of that...consider trying Linux, you might be pleasantly surprised. People are worried about no support with a free distro but in fact you get more and better support than any OS that you pay for.

I recently went to a Linux server seminar. When I told them we were running Gentoo they acted like our servers wouls implode due to lack of support and we should switch to Redhat or Suse ASAP. I laughed, we get better support than anything I have ever paid for.

No not Microsoft tweeky, WF is a forum we have helped out a lot here when they had problems with their server. They have treated a valued member of ours badly with their Draconian moderating and don't seem to understand the value of freedom of speech. We no longer wish to be associated with them.

so Windows forum has made one person mad on here so none of the rest of us can mention it here ever again? Odd.

Don't take you long to figure stuff out huh Tracy?? lol

You can yak all ya want,,don't want to see any threads on them untill they explain how come they worship hitler over there.

I posted on a matter there tonight and was very polite about what I said.

They deleted my post and are a bunch of lttle hitlers over there,,if I see a post with anything to do with that forum its gone.

Never in my born days have I seen such idiots,,really bad way to run a forum.

Thanks.......... Perhaps a PM to me in the first place from the person who felt hard done by wouldn't have gone amiss... I seem to remember a few threads here from members who weren't too happy with the way things were done.

I will not allow trolling on the board in any shape or form..... I'm sure you can understand that Volt

Let's put the record straight.

Windows Forum was an excellent site, until recently, which I've recommended to many, many peeps. It has some fine members and fine staff, with the exception of two fairly new moderators.

Quite suddenly, peoples posts began to disappear without explanation, mine included. One or two posts appeared in which members began to complain about the atmosphere there. In an effort to stop the rot I posted a simple and polite poll, the first poll I have ever posted, anywhere. This was not 'trolling' nor any attempt to cause disruption.

The poll simply asked for the site staff to alter the rules within the site so that deletions within threads, or editing , were signed by the mod concerned with a short explanation. It read;

Should the actions of moderators remain anonymous ?

Should individual moderators be visible?

The poll was at 80% to 20% in favour of a rule change when the thread was closed by one of the moderators in question with an insult to me and a message that he would not be available to discuss it.

Threads that appeared complaining of this treatment were immediately closed, then deleted. My own attempts to exercise my right to respond were blocked and I was issued with a 'warning for disruption'

Make of that what you will.

Nellie2 and I got our heads together by PM. She removed the block on my posting but I declined to post there immediately, telling her that I would prefer to take a months holiday from WF. That was the end of my involvement until this 'trolling' remark.

I have never posted anything resembling 'trolling', never posted anything worthy of editing nor deletion. Imo, and yesterday's actions bear this out, an atmosphere of 'us and them' has developed between moderators and members. My request for a little more courtesy towards members has resulted in this split. Obviously, I will no longer be returning to WF and my apologies to those that joined on my recommendation. It was a different site at the time.

It was me that set up the 'sister site' relationship with WF and it is only fair to say that it was a very successful experiment. This tiff should not prevent good relationships developing between different sites, although I personally won't be taking any further part in this one. :lol:

Edited by moon

So where does that leave us 'neutral' members?

Are you asking us to choose, Volt?

I want to be free to go and do what I want - and I like to come here as well as over there

Don't you want us? :bawling::(

artist you are always welcome here :)

BTW Volt and Moon, we may not always see eye to eye but you guys certainly have my respect and my support :)

Edited by cpuguru

I deleted a post in this thread because I felt it was unwarranted and unnecessary. Not because buy into that "us and them" stuff. Just because I feel it was posted simply to make a bad situation worse. If the person who posted it disagrees, the proper procedure is to take it up with Dave.

So where does that leave us 'neutral' members?

Are you asking us to choose, Volt?

I want to be free to go and do what I want - and I like to come here as well as over there

Don't you want us? :bawling:  :(

I think what volt is saying is that you are all welcome here but posts about windows forum are not. Hence dont advertise, I think :blink: .I know volt would never turn anyone away for no reason but to :filtered: off both moon and volt to such an extent there is obviously a problem over there. I dont post there so I wouldnt know anything more than what I have read here. Im sure he will get on and clarify Edited by one2gamble

thanks - sigh!

You have a very attractive sigh. Wotcha doing Saturday ? :lol:

Edit;

I think what volt is saying is that you are all welcome here but posts about windows forum are not.

Bringing two sites together was always 'walking on eggshells', One2. Although there are a couple of wmd at WF, regime change is illegal. :lol: Edited by moon

I'm sorry you feel that way moon, my understanding of the definintion of a troll is someone who posts with the intention of causing unrest, disruption and upset. Which is exactly what your post did.

I have a pm button... if you have a problem with anything on the forum then use it.

I shall stay out of this thread now because I don't agree with flame wars either.

Well I stirred up a hornets nest with this one.

Stickin to what I said too,,y'all can PM me email me till your blue in the face.

They were wrong then and they are still wrong.

I treated them as a sister forum but until they make this right that relationship is over.

Below is my thread starter post that was removed.

I understand 2 threads have been closed on this matter.

But I can't help but post what I think on this whole ugly incident.

I'v known Moon for many years and posted thousands of times with him on various forums and have never seen him cause one single bit of trouble. ever

I feel the mod did a poor job and ain't afraid to say it. if he had been modding for me,, his or her butt would be in the woodshed.

Think the whole matter was just flat handled wrong and that any edit to a post should be signed by whomever made it and maybe even a short explanation as to why the edit,,unless of course like nellie posted on that thread it was just to change a format tag.

Said all I have to say on this,,thank you.

I do not see how anyone can call moon a troll, I have read his post there and it was a very fair question that was not trying to cause any trouble at all. Moon has got to be one of the most thoughful and well spoken members I have ever seen, he is very strongly opinionated but expresses himself in a manner that is non offensive

Posted Image <-------- Troll

Posted Image <-------- Moon

Posted Image doesn't equal Posted Image