Sign in to follow this  
chengrob

Call to Arms!!

No, I am all for it ! It is about time something is done. But it took years to get to this point. Seems it would take *years* to accomplish a similar solution for the internet ...

Seems it would take *years* to accomplish a similar solution for the internet ...

Exactly my point. It will take years, and that's why we need to get in gear and do something. And we better do it now, while we still have the right to do so. One by one, our civil liberties are slowly disappearing. (That is another fight that needs to be fought as well.)

Guest Donna
:cheers: This is the first topic I have ever subscribe to, ;) v how is that gater going on your pc?

I've been thinking about the enemy non stop for the last few days. Sorry that the Pit has been shaky lately. Apparently the Invision people have been making some changes that are impacting us more than other sites. But we are not alone and I hope they get their act together soon.

Volt, I've been thinking that another key list to make is the list of companies that Gator is targetting. If we can get their email addresses I would venture to guess that some of these companies are not aware of a Gator sneaking around. They might be happy we let them know about it, and they could be as indignant as we are.

I have started recompiling the Volt's list of advertisers. I went to each site and tried to pick up an email address, telephone number, and email address. Then at least if someone wanted to contact these companies, they would be able to. I did it in Excel, so if anyone wants the spreadsheet to complete, PM me your email address and I'll get it to you.

Let's keep chipping at this thing. It time to really start Gator hunting.

The problem is that this Gator is much bigger than we thought! Your recipe should call for 1-1.5 tons of gator meat.

Here's what I find apalling. Let's suppose that Gator decides to let people advertise on CompUSA.com's web site. (Our sponsor) But instead of doing that, they first go to CompUSA and say

"Hey we're going to open up our ad network to people that visit your site." The Gator Ad rep says.

"Oh No, that would be very bad for business. What can we do to stop this?" The CompUSA management asks.

"It's really quite simple. If you don't want us to do that, then we can *protect*, just sign this protection agreement." The Gator rep smiles and pushes the document across the desk.

Aside from the deceipt, and PC instability, they are also making money by harming other web sites. Doesn't it seem like racketeering?

Guest Donna

Hye can you merge topics in this forum, this should be with the other thread. Gotta keep it all in one place or me and others are going to get lost. :(

Well there merged but it looks a little funny!! :mrgreen: v

Guest Donna

LOL, It will go well with the database errors then!! :mrgreen::mrgreen:

Ax,

One thing I've been meaning to mention. The ASB logo should be fine no matter what happens. Whoever made the logo has probably put it in the public domain. I have seen it in many other places, and if you think about it, even if they did not, I am sure they would be pleased with what we are doing. So I wouldn't sweat it.

Oh c'mon, how can you hate such a cute purple monkey-thing?!?!? :mrgreen:

Ax,

One thing I've been meaning to mention. The ASB logo should be fine no matter what happens. Whoever made the logo has probably put it in the public domain. I have seen it in many other places, and if you think about it, even if they did not, I am sure they would be pleased with what we are doing. So I wouldn't sweat it.

I think you're right, Rob. Everywhere I've seen it, there's no copyright symbols, no indication of who made it, and no instructions not to copy it. In fact, most sites I've seen it on seem to be saying the same thing we do...

But there is a copyright on Bonzi Buddy, HammerSlammer. So we definately can't use that...

BonziBUDDY and BONZI are trademarks of BONZI Software, Inc. All rights and liabilities with respect to BonziBUDDY belong solely to BONZI Software, Inc. Copyright © 1995 - 2003 BONZI Software, Inc. - All Rights Reserved.

awww.... so cute...

:nospys::nospys::nospys: BURN IN HELL YOU MUTATED PURPLE GORILLA :nospys::nospys::nospys:

awww.... so cute...

:nospys::nospys::nospys: BURN IN HELL YOU MUTATED PURPLE GORILLA :nospys::nospys::nospys:

LMAO!!! :mrgreen: thats telling um!! :P v

But if the President uses it, it must be good. Right?

Posted Image

LOLOLOL, HAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHHA, FUNNY POST AX! :P:P

:nospys::nospys::nospys: