Sign in to follow this  
chengrob

Call to Arms!!

Remember that Gator doesn't just appear on your system. Something you do puts it there. If it's showing up, it's probably a good idea to figure out what it is that you are doing that installs it, and then not do that anymore...

You should get a bonus for your work Volt !!!

* think you'll be bumped up to *hero* status !!!

Remember that Gator doesn't just appear on your system. Something you do puts it there.

Hmmmmmmmm....never thought of that.... I will definatly have to pay attention. I THINK I know what site I always get it from or I have an idea of a few that it might be coming from.........They are games sites.... I think I will run Spybot before I go to the sites, and then run it AFTER I have been at the site. That should tell me!

popups? popups?

what's a popup? :P;)

btw... diversify :mrgreen:

Diversify my butt!! :P I just list them as they popup,,I try not to list the same one twice,,but geeze this this is a real monster!! :mrgreen: v

Sounds like Volt's got a big one on! ;) Go man go! I don't care if you are reducing my shopping pleasure.(Sears? Damn!) :nospys: Spyware :tdn::yikes::yikes:

Volt make sure you've got a big enough gun! :mrgreen:

gator sux then..... its like a TRUELY hitler-istic internet monopoly.... DOWN WITH GATOR LOL

Hmm maybe after Volt get through finding all the ads we could get someone to host one of those form letter email jobs for us. If we can't stop the gator maybe we could express our displeasure to their clients :angry:

Hmm maybe after Volt get through finding all the ads we could get someone to host one of those form letter email jobs for us. If we can't stop the gator maybe we could express our displeasure to their clients :angry:

Gator is a really big company!! we won't be going head to head with those boys,,you would not believe some of the tactics they get by with!!

For lots of advertisers its gators way or the highway!!

I would agree some progress "might" be made by going to the folks that hire gator,,but damn those guys really know how to play hardball bigtime.

I am simply amazed at how integrated into the fabric of the net they are!! :angry: its almost spooky.

I can be just looking at a website and bam they will load a whole page of the site I'm on's competition,,could be anywhere from 8 to 20 links on the one page!! most of those links are put there from the search info gleaned from other gator users!! others are paid for by the site that is listed at the top.

The letters produced by Scott Pakin's Automatic Complaint-Letter Generator are neither:

automatically mailed to the complainee (or anyone else, for that matter) nor

permanently stored on SIGUSR1's Web server.

So you can go back to sleep now.

http://hugin.sigusr1.org/~pakin/complaint-...#humor-impaired :mrgreen: v

;) Good Job Volt... Not many people will go that extra mile like you did. I just hope that the 16% of the fooled people get wise soon... gotta get the word out...

:gator: ... is BAD

Yea I had to take a break from that drive,,that program will drive ya wacko!!! :angry::mrgreen: v

The people who run the Gator Corporation clearly suffer from Cranial Rectal Inversion Maneuver Experience, a common affliction among corporate executives. CRIME can lead to a host of other medical problems, such as blindness, deafness, poor decision making, lethargy, tunnelvision, disorientation, and stupor.

Posted Image

CRIME can also cause a bad case of ring around the collar. :P

Great Work Volt,

I was thinking about Gator against this morning. They seem to have a pretty good lock on certain segments such as travel. Here's the problem. So let's say one of the travel web site (let's say Orbitz) signs up with Gator, and of course they start getting some new business from its competition.

With that info in hand, then Gator goes to all of Orbitz's competitors. The same companies that Orbitz is now taking market share. They tell the only way to really get back their marketshare is to hire Gator to spam Orbitz's site. After it is all said and done, no company is ahead except for Gator. It is almost like extortion.

I talked to Pest Patrol, and they are willing to help us in the following ways:

1. Mention this area and the Anti SpyWare Brigade during their press interviews.

2. We can use their name along with that of Pitstop to endorse this area.

3. We can reference their site stats.

4. They will do some press releases on us on some of this stuff.

The key right now is to get all of our information lined up right. Volt, when you are done I'll start making some web pages that has all of the company's names for our boycott list.

Sounds very very good Rob,,I'm taking today as my sabbath from gator :mrgreen: I will load it up again in the morning and endure some more gator popups and garbage.

I love the Idea of being involved with pestpatrol too!! more exposure is always good!! :) v

Great link Y kawika!!! "proud of ya" we may have a chance yet!!! :) v