Change Mode

Optimized. And No Email

Guest jeancollie

Guest jeancollie

After I optimize my pc (XP PRO) I signed in to MSN using MSN software and when I cick the mail link I get this error.

C:\Docume~1\KM\Locals~1\Temp\MSN7.mailhost is not a valid win 32 application.

When I restored the system the mail worked fine. Any ideas or fixes for that??

:wp:

I don't have an answer but as a suggestion have you tried it with V6.2 ?

v7 is still in beta I think and may be a bit buggy still, also if you have installed sp2 then it may be a conflict with that, sorry they are only suggestions but hope they help a bit. :erm:

Guest jeancollie

I had installed SP2 but uninstalled it. What is V6.2?

I would like to use this software but if I can't check my email then it is useless.

Someone HELP!!!

v 6.2 is the latest msn release that has been out a while now and is not a beta version so it will be more stable, at least I assume your talking about msn messenger service ? if not then forget the above as that is what I deduced you were having problems with from your error message

if I misunderstood that then appology's. :blushing:
Guest jeancollie

I really don't know. I get the same message but with different endings.

Like MSN7.mailhost : MSND.mailhost : MSNF.mailhost : MSN9.mailhost and so on.

I like what the program does and would like to use it but just need a way to insure that my MSN software works.

Any suggestions?

It sure looks like MSN7 installed in the temp directory, which is a definite no-no on their part. Is there a place where you can get MSN support for version 7?

One other thought, when you started Optimize did you get a dialog box asking that you reboot because some other program hadn't finished its install?

Guest jeancollie

I have MSN version 9 installed on my pc.

And after I optimised the pc it did ask me to reboot to make changes.

If this doesn't work I want a refund unless you can help me out.

Thanks

Khristian

No problem with a refund, just contact us here:

http://www.pcpitstop.com/contact.asp

Select the refunds option, it's near the bottom. Let us know the date you bought the product and the name used for the purchase.

We would really like to figure out what is going on here, so we will follow up to collect some more information about the computer once you contact us.

We've issued a new version (1.0.0.6) that fixes the incompatiblity with MSN Mail. Everyone who already purchased Optimize and reported this problem will automatically receive an update from us. Many thanks to the two MSN users who worked with us to resolve this issue!

• 1 year later...
Guest Billcove

Simple fix to any msn mailhost errors is simple open the "run" comand and copy the following into the command line and then click ok.::: regsvr32 c:\progra~1\msn\msncorefiles\mailui.dll

Many repair programs like XP Pro consider the dll above to be a error. Keep the command in a saved text file so it can be used to reset your web msn mail after repair.

Guest Guest

After I optimize my pc (XP PRO) I signed in to MSN using MSN software and when I cick the mail link I get this error.

When I restored the system the mail worked fine. Any ideas or fixes for that??

Put tis line in thr runcommand box and hit ok. Everything will work again till you run a repair again, the just do it again. This works for all msn mailhost errors: regsvr32 c:\progra~1\msn\msncorefiles\mailui.dll

billcove

• 4 months later...
Guest Rich Weinkauf

Put this line in the run command box and hit ok. Everything will work again till you run a repair again, then just do it again. This works for all msn mailhost errors: regsvr32 c:\progra~1\msn\msncorefiles\mailui.dll

billcove

This thread really helped me out. I ran into a MSN.mailhost problem today and running this command fixed everything. I Googled 'MSN.mailhost" and a pointer to this thread came up- and even though I am not an Optimize customer, and the problem wasn't caused by anything referenced in this forum, the information here saved me.

Thanks again.

Rich

• 2 weeks later...
Guest james rosendahl

This thread really helped me out. I ran into a MSN.mailhost problem today and running this command fixed everything. I Googled 'MSN.mailhost" and a pointer to this thread came up- and even though I am not an Optimize customer, and the problem wasn't caused by anything referenced in this forum, the information here saved me.

Thanks again.

Rich

• 2 months later...

It sure looks like MSN7 installed in the temp directory, which is a definite no-no on their part. Is there a place where you can get MSN support for version 7?

One other thought, when you started Optimize did you get a dialog box asking that you reboot because some other program hadn't finished its install?

------------------

Thanks for the suggestions, i also had the same problem and your suggestion fixed the problem, can i change the MSN7 file from the temp directory to the appropriate directory/location? if so where does it need to be and how do i do that..?? Thansk, WJ