Sign in to follow this  
tryton

My Computer Rocks.

Your not going to murder anyone with your non-raid set up. But you might want to archive some of your anime to disc. The question I have is, whats Ronnie Coleman got in there to get his i/o to 200?

I use a stand alone DVD recorder to capture video and copying the files off the disk to the pc is often a long process. Ive already got a raid0 config but if I could double the performance thats half the time, right?

Leet store bought pc test results, lol.

nice compaq :)

100 MB/s (201%)

can't beat that for store bought.

or this: Performance 616.81 MP/s (157% of 20 similar)

if you werent acting like such a dingleberry, then someone would have told you by now to raise your video resolution to max, and set your color to 16 bit to get a higher score. low res and 32bit may be how you run it, but in this test, high res and 16bit is where it's at. oh, and i was beating that score with my 2500m and a 5700ultra :lol:

it's all in the tweaking, not the gloating. if you asked for help there are 1000's here that will be glad to help you get the most out of your computer. because just from me looking at your pit test, it may play AA with max settings, but i bet it would be better if you tweaked your system

heres my stock AMD 3000+ all tweaked out.. http://www.pcpitstop.com/techexpress.asp?id=H7MZ9WMTKHRSCMVE

hey now I did mention that his 640x480 was small....then he raised it to 800x600 :blink: he didnt realli listen... hmm

The question I have is, whats Ronnie Coleman got in there to get his i/o to 200?

:lol: Lots and lots of drives in raid-0. :lol:

4 to be exact. :)

First of all i really think you should change your video settings becasue my ATI AIW 9600xt got out 300mb/sc. Your video card got a measly 111mb/sc, i think that is a disgrace to all GeforceFx Cards. Secondly you should stop crying and saying this site is corrupt.

With the money you spent i could of gotten a way better score. You just dont know how to tweak ur system.

I only spent around 900 dollars. I bet u spent around 2000 bucks

http://www.pcpitstop.com/techexpress.asp?id=6ME19WYM8TRSWWVE

i also wanna know why other intel 3.2ghz got a away higher speed than mine. IF its OCing can u tell me how to do it, if u do it in the bios, for some reason my comp dont allow me OC in the bios. Or am i just a noobe

i also wanna know why other intel 3.2ghz got a away higher speed than mine. IF its OCing can u tell me how to do it, if u do it in the bios, for some reason my comp dont allow me OC in the bios. Or am i just a noobe

well for starters your cpu is scoring low but memory is on que ..... try enabling Hyperthreading and shutting down a bunch of apps that may not need to be runnin all the time...

i recently upgraded my 3.4 from the 3.2 but when i had it i averaged 21xx to 22xx almost 23xx but i got extra points from internet speed ( 100pts for broadband ) and if you do the usual tweaks you can get that video up to aprox 350 - 400 which will boost score quite a bit ... but ATI cards and DX9 do not score well in here as as nvidia .... just that way ... and i'm also runnin raid 0 which also adds pts ........

.............................after all it is all about the pit pts right ............................ :lol:

Well if you seriously want to know, get rid of all the junk programs running on the thing, then add them back in one at a time and test after each one. When you see the score skyrocket, you'll know which one it is.

Or else somebody knows how to write and deploy a script. ;)

:welcome:

With some tweaking your score would be great. Here is one of mine not tweaked.

http://www.pcpitstop.com/techexpress.asp?id=W8789W1WLTRSBRVE

Yeh , Don,t believe anything this guy says about not tweaked, Ronnie can just look at a computer and it seems to run faster!!!! I been trying to keep up with him for weeks now!!!! :nuke: But This I can assure you , fallow what he says and you will never go wrong. :mrgreen:

Phew, just set my system back up (you guys remember me with the lowly 1gig fx-51/53 and radeon 9800xt...I just installed all my regular drivers and didnt even optimize anything yet and im already owning you noobs :beer: at 1900 lol.

Dude hang around a while you will learn a lot from these guys who you think are mocking you.

In my sig is a test I just took unoptimized. No longer am I overclocking my parts I'm sick of having to RMA hard drives cause I'm going toooo fast lmao

Edited by james.halsey

ok... I have an important question... If my video card supposidly is only getting 100 or somethingi m/s on that test.... why havent I yet to see what some people call "slowdown"? LOL. it doesnt matter what resolution, what game, NOT EVEN NALU can slow it down. so........ the test is corrupt. to the person who said, "I guess it depends on who's rating", try my cpu sometime, and you'll be on eof those FEW who ARE rating. LOL. but, if anyone has any suggestions as to why it says only 100m/s or whatever, please help me out. also, i'm not sure if corsair xms high performance pro ram is the best or not, But i'm not sure how a lame 2GIGs of ram can beat fast timings..... something is REAL fishy about this site.

I'm not sure what resolution you guys can play farcry(etc etc) at, but i've never had to lower ANYTHING on my computer. never had to TRY overclocking it to "sqeeze"(foolishly) that extra bit out... and i'm sure you people who overclocked yours DID, and that's WHY it's overclocked... i've never had a single problem with my computer. but seriously, if someone can explain that video card thing to me, I would be all ears. but i'll tell you this much, there's not a game on this planet that has slowed this computer down.... except for particular mmorpgs, but that's a different story.

From reading all of these post here several times, the answers are pretty much right out here in front. Yes the system first mentioned does have quite a few of the best parts installed. The first thing I would like to point out is this website is here only to help people improve thier computer experience. The test provided here at PCPITSTOP are what they are. Just like Aquamark, Sandra, or any other. They are all unique in thier own way. When I spent $500 for a new video card, I expected my PCPITSTOP (2D) score to drop because the 6800's from Nvidia are designed towards (3D) performance. You cannot have it both ways when it comes to Video performance. If one is to wonder over to the Case mods and overclock, One will find more information then anywhere else on how to make a computer run to it's maximum capacity. Tweak or overclock, I am always Greatfull to those that have taught me how to achieve my goals when it comes to a high performance PC. I have learned so much from this website, and I have been building computers since 1994. Loosen up, look around, try a few new settings and I assure you that the first mentioned system is capable of much more than you ever dreamed.I know from what I have learned here, if I had that set-up it would fly in about 30 minutes. Thanks to the good people at PCPITSTOP! :woot:

You've received some excellent advice from some of the most knowledgeable members of this site/forum. However, I'd be remiss not to add the well known fact in the computing/tweaking/oc'ing community. That being, there truly is no "best system" , there are only "best configurations" , which can also be attributed to compatibility with regards to hardware. The irony there is that the best configuration for any one particular system has to do with what the owner chose/could afford in the way of hardware, and that same owners' ability to tweak that hardware to work in conjunction with it's surroundings. You most certainly have an outstanding list of hardware, and since you've gone on record as saying, "I know what I'm doing", perhaps you can see the logic that maybe, just maybe, there are quite a few people here that know what they're doing, and by working with them, perhaps your knowledge and theirs will equate to the "best configuration" for your rig.

Best of luck with whatever you decide upon, but always remember, a comparison upon the unknown is in all likelyhood a sure-fire way to limit your depth of knowledge.

Edited by irishfanatic