Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Countrydave55

Oil Reserves

Guest Deuces Wild

I agree. I guess I am just a bit tired of folks making specific claims without being able to back them up when asked to do so. ;)

Thanks fragged, now I'm depressed. I use an oil furnace as the primary heat source for my house.

Electric is looking better and better.

The oil that is in question is lite sweet crude, used in the making of gasoline. Heating oil is the heaver dirty oil. Prices should hold steady on heating oil. The tapping into the reserves can be atributed to the destableization of Nigeria, and the fact that Shell had to stop pumping completely for a period of time. Florida will be consuming more fuel of all sorts as they begin reconstruction after the hurricanes.

And still more good economic news brought to you by the the Bush administration. The economy The economy continues to be lack luster with no evidence of producing the 6 million jobs promised by Bush. But maybe he meant over the next 50 years :lol:

For those of you who don't read don't ask me to read it for you.

This is not true because the billions of $$ would be in Saddams and the other terrorists pockets and therfore would not help Iraqs economy whatsoever.

I wasn't talking about Iraq's economy, I was talking about the US economy. Iraq has camels, sand and and oil. I was just saying that the hundreds of billions of dollars spent in Iraq and on our military would have much more economic benifet for the US if the dollars were spent here at home.

We could have a balanced budget and not be paying interest on national debt. we could have more tax relief.

I am all for leveling the playing fields on oil and other goods in the US and around the world.

I don't have specific facts for God sake I am a rocket scientist sheesh!!! :P

Just my opinion.

Yes I heard that about the FL hurricanes. I don't understand that. The only oil in Fl is the coconut oil in the suntan lotion. We have no refining capacity in Fl. so I guess it isn't refining capacity that is disrupted. Besides the oil being pumped from the reserves is unrefined. I think most of the refining is near the terminals in Texas and New Jersey. I am sure it is my ignorance if someone could just explain it to me.

Gulf of Mexico. There are plenty of oil drills in the Gulf, and oil companies shut them down for Ivan, fearing damage. Although they suffered minimal damage, it was still costly to shut them down.