Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

xtreme__boi

Zonealarm Pro

Hi All,

I have found out that I have got an open port on my Laptop. I am not going to post the port number, for security reasons.

Can someone tell me how I can get this port CLOSED using my ZoneAlarm Pro, as I have tried using the HELP files, but not had any joy :(

Thanks,

Lee

Guest lnbreeden

You shouldn't have any open ports, if you have the internet zone security set on high. Are you behind a router? or are you running any FTP server programs? if you are the FTP port will show open. Try going to this link https://grc.com/x/ne.dll?bh0bkyd2

and Checkyour ports with the Shields Up. I use it from time to time to check on my ports.

Hi,

Just did a test using that link, and it shows that SAME port open. It has given me info about the port, and it says...

(Remote Procedure Call) This impossible-to-close port appears in most Windows systems. Since many insecure Microsoft services use this port, it should never be left "open" to the outside world. This port has been exploited to send "Messenger Spam" pop-ups to Microsoft windows users. Since it is impossible to close, you will need a personal firewall or NAT router to block it from external access. Do it soon!

However I am not set up on a router, I am set up on a cable modem. I do use a FTP program now and again (aka Terrapin FTP) to maintain my business website, but I don't leave this connected or anything. Once I have uploaded / updated my website, I close the program down right after. I have got ZoneAlarm Pro set up on my Laptop. As it says the prt is impossible to close, does this mean I CANT close it?

EVERY other port is Stealthed on my Laptop, but 1 still remains open :(

Regards,

Lee