Change Mode

Far Graver Than Viet Nam

Before Pearl Harbour the US "gave" 50 destroyers to the Royal Navy, but the US wanted the payment in gold for these, even tho the destroyers were earmarked for scrap :mrsgreen:

You never heard on lend-lease? You never heard of FDR's speech about it by comparing it to lending a neighbor water hose when his house is burrning down? The idea was that Britain would return the material after use. In other words, they didn't have to pay a damn thing.

Those 50 detroyers were paid for by the US getting the use of British bases near the US in the Caribbean etc. Geesh, thanks for the no thanks.

• Replies 357
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

DD, its getting to the point that your starting to seriously annoy me with your extremely twisted facts and way of viewing history and current events. It is also my opinion that you think we deserve all things that have happened to us and that we deserve to feel fear.

In my opinion the only ones who should feel fear are the ones looking to do the US and her friends harm. As it stands the Aussies are on that list, it seems a good number died in a night club not to long ago.

:)

You know you have missed the whole point!!

I live Downunder! Why would I worry if you ignore what I say??

IF America gets attacked by Hordes of Terriosts looking for Revenge, WTH would I be worried about it?

I just made a comment, Mate!

Don't worry, Mate, we will be there to clean up the mess, not only the Aussies, the Canuks, the Poms, and all the rest of the World!

Just get real? America is a TARGET!!!!!!! Iraq was the greatest mistake ever made by Uncle Sam!

:mrgreen::mrgreen::rolleyes::lol:

Guest fragged one

Before Pearl Harbour the US "gave" 50 destroyers to the Royal Navy, but the US wanted the payment in gold for these, even tho the destroyers were earmarked for scrap :mrsgreen:

you don't really want to get into past 'complaints' of gb vs. us. :rolleyes:

You know you have missed the whole point!!

I live Downunder! Why would I worry if you ignore what I say??

IF America gets attacked by Hordes of Terriosts looking for Revenge, WTH would I be worried about it?

I just made a comment, Mate!

Don't worry, Mate, we will be there to clean up the mess, not only the Aussies, the Canuks, the Poms, and all the rest of the World!

Just get real? America is a TARGET!!!!!!! Iraq was the greatest mistake ever made by Uncle Sam!

:rolleyes:

Just get real? America is a TARGET!!!!!!!

Yes, Ameria is a target, but America is not the only target.

If you think that OBL and the rest of the terrorists are going to conveniently forget about Australia, Canada, Britain and any other non-muslim western society.... :mrsgreen:

Why would they bother with little Targets, Now?

The US of A lead the Attack into the Heart of Muslem Terrotary, now they have to face what comes out of that!

Hey, the Christians, during the Crusades had to do that?

:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :rolleyes::lol:

We are today, in 2004 not 1944, at war in Iraq. The thrust of the article is that we are fighting an war that cannot be won, and that our goals are not capable of being achieved. Iraq is a tar-baby. George Bush attacked the tar-baby and now we are stuck. It is costing over $200 billion per year, our troops are sitting ducks, and we are adrift and unable to do anything except to keep on keeping on, and keeping on is not a strategy for a successful outcome.

If you do not agree with General Odom that the Iraq War is a “disaster”, then what do think we can possibly achieve? If you do not agree that the war is unwinnable, then how do you think we can win, and just what is it that you think we will win?

There is a few ways to win this war. They wont be popular for the most part. I do support the ways though, i have no problem with that. DD learn a bit about islam, it could save your life. It sure must be nice to live in ignorant bliss.

9-11-01.......for some reason that date keeps ringing a bell, cant place the reason. hmmmmmm let me think what happend that day?

DEATH.........

There is a few ways to win this war. They wont be popular for the most part. I do support the ways though, i have no problem with that. DD learn a bit about islam, it could save your life. It sure must be nice to live in ignorant bliss.

9-11-01.......for some reason that date keeps ringing a bell, cant place the reason. hmmmmmm let me think what happend that day?

DEATH.........

OK, how? And if we do "win" the war, what will we have gained. General Odom thinks that our participation in the war is helping Al Quaida. What do you think we will achieve?

DEATH.........

Aussies died that day, Mate, right there with you guys, and heaps from around this World, Mate, we mourn our lost, Mate!

I am just trying to say very nicely to you damn Tanks, you went too far!! You started something that the rest of the World can't stop!

You started a Holy War, not known for Centuries, ask your Historians!

I am just a very simple person, DTSFNB, I have said what I have said based on what I know.

Edited by volt

Even Collin Powell says that 9-11 was unrelated to Iraq. It certainly is related now because it has put a lot of American lives in easy striking distance of a lot of angry people with a lot weapons available. But that is of GWB's making not 9-11.

Please explain these few unpopular ways to win in Iraq that Bush and his thinkers have not come up with.

Actually Collin Powell stated that Iraq was not directly related to 9/11. The information found in some of the palaces indicates that OBL was talking to Sadam on a regular basis. Iraq sponsored terror attacks in Isreal, paid familys who partisipated in killing jews, laundered money for al quaida, trained terrorist, and even offered medical attention to OBL and his followers. Abu Musab al-Zarqawi, who is defanetly part of al-Qaida, is in iraq killing innocent unarmed people, Iraqi's included. Abu Musab al-Zarqawi being in iraq guarantees that iraq has some ties to terrorist, and al Qaida. Sadam and Iraq might not have "pulled the trigger" on 9/11 but you can sure bet the farm that they helped load the gun and provided bullets.

Edited by tweekybob2000

I have no answers, but in the UK it's now 1935 hours and I am surrounded by ice cold beer, a selection of curry's hot enough to spot-weld plate steel, and my family. Once again, I am optimistic that the world will sort out it's problems, and be safe for my children. A tad childlike I suppose, but hope is free!

If you are so confident? Can the same thing happen again?

Of course it can. And we'll really be in trouble if it's a nuke next time. I for one have never said I was confident it wouldn't happen again. I feel it's a certainty that they will try. We can only do our best to prevent that.

A good start might be to admit our mistake and get the heck out of Iraq.

If we have so much military strength that we can fight in Afghanistan, Iraq, and take on Iran then why do the Generals think we don't have enough people in theater? Why do they say that we have 1/2 as many people as we need to occupy Iraq?

BECAUSE JOHN KERRY SAID SO!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :mrgreen:

General Odom says, "Right now, the course we're on, we're achieving Bin Laden's ends." He adds, The two parties whose interests have been advanced have been the Iranians and al-Qaida."

There is a few ways to win this war. They wont be popular for the most part. I do support the ways though, i have no problem with that.

Helping Al Qaida is not winning the war. How can we win the war, and what have we gained if we "win"?

Need a safe exit plan .....but there seems nothing on the table ,,,,Anan is backing off the UN with his statement over the legality of the ...lets face it ...invasion ..

I'dd like the US to get out with minimum causaulitlies too ...but its got to leave Iraq stable ....Or the west will be really stuffed ....Think Afghanistans training grounds funded out of the black gold ........ bad news in the long run for all of us ...

A new Iraq dictator perhaps .......... ?

Democracys a bit wishfull thinking ......! its too desperate

But if Iran gets their man in the back door ....Then Saudi's next ....and it will go fast .... (Mecca for the true radicals)

The US has to be worried about who is playing domino's again ......

We are not playing the long game well ....! perhaps its because of our 4/5 year political cycles .....?

It doesn't matter what happens in Iraq, the coallition has weakend them to the point that when they leave then another arab nation, probably Iran, will just go in there and take over the place.

The United States has probably done the Iraqi people a disservice and in the future has probably done themselves a disservice.

As I recall the CIA trained Bin Laden and Reagan's drug money payed for his weapons. Maybe Reagan and Bush Sr. are responsible for 9-11.

To say that Al Quieda came to Iraq to fight Americans does not mean that Iraq contributed to 9-11.

Arab money and Iranian money support and supported Osama more and more directly than Iraq. Why didn't they get attacked?

I think this issue has been argued over enough. Past is past. Lets move on to this secret means of winning the Iraq occupation (as Bush calls it).