Change Mode

The First Album You Bought.

Hi Pitters.

I was going through my music collection during my enforced absence from the net when i came across the first album i ever bought and i thought it would be fun to see what you guys came up with. :)

As a secondary question i thought how about the first live gig you ever went to? ;)

OK. Here goes:

My first album: (No laughing at the back).

Legend of......... Dave dee, Dozy, Beaky, Mick and Tich. 1968. (honest).

My first live gig:

The Who, circa 1970, at the Green's Playhouse Glasgow.

At the end of the gig i actually caught one of Keith Moon's drumsticks.......a couple of minutes later i emerged from beneath a pile of bodies bruised, battered and stickless. :woot:

Over to you guys. ;)

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

First album i bought??........yikes thats a toughie and i will have to get back to you on that, but i do remember my 1st gig.

It was seeing Transvision Vamp (i had a thing for wendy james back then....lol) at the Aston Villa Leisure Center back in the early 90's :)

Still cant think of the 1st album i bought :erm:

Edit: I Remember.....it was UB40's Labor of Love album 1983........i was just 10 then :) Even saved up all my paper round money so i could go get it. Then my love of music began :mrgreen:

Keith

Edited by doofus

i bet some young uns dont even know what a needle is on a record player.

Cd's are great and all, but you cant beat whacking on a 33 or 45 now and again........i just love the crackle ya get when they play using a diamond tipped needle.

I miss having to weigh the needle down a little with a 1 penny piece just so it plays ok :mrgreen:

Keith

Edited by doofus

First Album : Abby Road - The Beatles

First Concert: Lynyrd Skynyrd, Marshall Tucker, Elvin Bishop. Elvin Bishop was the headline act.

And I'll bet them southern boys done blew Elvin Bishop clean off the stage!

My first album was The Who's "Tommy". But the first album I bought was "The Doors" album I gave my brother for Christmas. Oh, God. I feel old all of a sudden. 1967 was such a looong time ago.

My first concert was Atomic Rooster, Edgar Winter's White Trash, and Black Sabbath as the headliner.

Guest Deuces Wild

I can't think of the very first one I bought (maybe Three Dog Night, Golden Biscuit), but I still have my full collection of albums and Sony PS-4750 turntable. I never play them (the turntable is connected to the stereo in the basement) but keep 'em "just in case".

I have the Beatles, Led Zeplin, Eagles, Heart, Fleetwood Mac, Michael Stanley (local), Chicago and CSN&Y/CSN complete library of albums. Others are Grand Funk Railroad, Eric Clapton, Cat Stevens, Pat Benetar, Gordon Lightfoot, ELO, Traffic, Three Dog Night, Outlaws, Marshall Tucker, Pure Prairie League, Moody Blues, Phoebe Snow, Bee Gees, Dave Mason, etc.....

First concert: Led Zeplin, loge seating at the old Coliseum. What a party. My girlfriend passed out mid-concert.

The good old days. :mrgreen: I figure my albums will be collectors items some day, if not already. :mrsgreen:

But as nostalgic as they may be, nothing compares to the audio quality of cd's.

Edited by Deuces Wild

First Concert : April Wine 1973 , Winnipeg Playhouse Theater , Went straight home and plugged in my brothers Fender Telecaster till my dad gave me the" LOOK :angry: "

First Album : Bob Seger , Live Bullet . They played at the Winnipeg arena 3 days before recording it live in Detroit.

Alice Cooper, Welcome to my nightmare

I have a Titelist Proffessional golf ball (Brand New) signed by Alice Cooper backstage at the Classic Rock Festival in Minnedosa Manitoba 1997. Word has it that he doesn't sign many autograghs , since he's a huge golf nut , and I was working the concert I thought I'd give it a shot , he just laughed when I asked him , and said, "right on ,let's have it"

Blue

Hey Deuces... Trivia questions!

Do you know what Phoebe Snow's real name is, and how she came to be known as Phoebe Snow? :)

She was born Phoebe Laub on July 17, 1952 in New York City, Phoebe borrowed her stage name from the Lackawanna Railroad's passenger train called "The Phoebe Snow Line" which ran from Hoboken, NJ to Buffalo, NY.

I never bought any albums but some friends bought me one on my 13-14 BDay which was Prince 1999 :woot:

I really dont care to purchase any type of album, tape, CD etc...they will all be ancient history before long including the CD in the next few years. We will soon be coming out with "CD's" the size of silver dollars if not smaller, so why bother buying?

I have never bought too many albums either.I can only remember buying one album.That was ACDC Back in Black.I usually just tape recorded off the radio or friends albums.

The first "gig"or concert I ever saw was STYX.It was also my very first date :rolleyes:, the first time I ever drank alcohol :o ,the first time I ever ate a pill that wasn't subscribed to me :blink:,and the first time I didn't make it home .:blushing:

My first album was Rubber Soul by the Beatles. Fisrt concert was The Hollies. Also on that same program was The Knickerbickers. Lies.....Lies....you tellin me that you been true...... LOL Anyone remember The Knickerbockers?

Ooo ooo, pick me pick me!!! I know the answer to that!!! If I'm not supposed to answer it, edit my answer out...

And her real name is...

Phoebe Laub. She got her stage name from the Lackawanna Railroad's passenger train called Phoebe Snow which ran from Hoboken, NJ to Buffalo, NY.

im pretty sure it was backstreet boys - millenium

lol, im not joking either!

I used to love 'em...liek 2 years ago...

now I have like 80cds, none of which are of a genre other than rock/heavy metal. :mrgreen: