Change Mode

Comcast

Guest robsadler

I'm on Comcast (Maryland) and generally get around 1500/250 although it varies and is a bit slower at night when everyone is on. Kind of like everyone flushing their toilets at once and then complaining about the water pressure though.

i had it here in southeast michican.....at night the speed was overwelming but during the day was disapointing...but no offence intended for the above reply .. was just wondering if he had it better than me...althou i fixed that problem fast and got dsl its a PPPOE conection but very satisfied

Guest DaRCYZero

I get around 1146 or so it isnt very fast..... ive tried tweaking... so I dont know how I can make it any faster... damn comcast.

i have the rec. window set to 32120 and TTL set to 77 and MTU at 1500. I tried other tweaks from some other sites on the rec window and this seemed to be the fastest for me.. i dont know how i can make it any faster

i have comcast wa and i get about 2500/240 advertised 1500/250 default settings well base station is about 5 blocks away too lol :P

but on full test i get about 2000 http://www.pcpitstop.com/techexpress.asp?i...GXVWWSCDG0S04SB snf upload is always slower during full test but when running the internet connection test i get about 2500 and 240

Edited by drjimbeam

drjimbeam.. on the full tests.. youll almost always get a much higher download speed. not that its goin any faster... just that its such a small packet of information that they let u download for hte full test.

heck i have comcast, and i usually get round 2400 down consistently on the full tests. when i go to a full download bandwidth test.. i get round 1800 down.

the main thing htat i love most bout comcast.. is that here in lansing, i get consistency. i have never had a time where i got less than 1600 down. might help bein that im only 300 yards away from comcast. :)