Change Mode

Win32 Core Kernal Issue On Getting Online

For the past few days, I have been getting the following warning from my Sygate firewall: WIN32 KERNAL CORE CPMPONENT IS TRYING TO BROADCAST AN ICMP TYPE 10 (ROUTER SOLICITATION PACKET) TO 224.0.0.2. I have not allowed it to do this and I have seen no problem in either getting on line or using my browser. I am concerned because this just began to happen for the first time a couple of days ago and now happens every time I get hooked up to my DSL server. What is this and should I continue bloaking it?

Well, I read everything and it was mostly Greek for me. I guess the essence of the information provided is that this :Win32 Kernal...." issue is no big deal and I should tell Sygate to allow it to connect. If I am wrong on that, please let me know. Thanks for the information.

Inprofile: it is interesting that you ask if this started after an update. It was not an update but rather a "leak test" that I used to check my internet security. I have gotten rid of the software I downloaded and checked for spyware with AdAware and Spybot and found nothing. I guess I wil allow it to do whatever it does. Based upon what I have read, and the little I understood, I think it is safe to do that.

Im not sure but I got a message something like that. It said kernall32.exe is trying to go online... lol... Darn Backdoor.Netdevil :P

I mean seriously... sheesh... kernall32.EXE!!! lol