Change Mode

Winamp Takes Focus

dragnmastr85

Topic^^^

This is bad because I use the keys when playing fullscreen games and it cause them to lsoe focus and is effectively an alt-tab. Is there a way to stoip winamp form taking focus every time I use a multimedia key? Volume controls dont cause this but everything else does.

the problem is I have over 3500 mp3s and over 9 days of music. I cant enque just the songs I want. I like for it to be like a radio and listen to it all shuffled. If I dont want to hear a particular song I want to be able to change it. Has anyone found a solution to this?

Well, Ive found that using multimedia keys in a fullscreen environment while using classic skins (not modern) makes sure that it doesnt "alt tab" but it also makes sure that the keys dont work. The text shows on the screen but it does nothing. 1 step forwards 2 steps back I guess. Keep the suggestions comin guys. :)

Its a pain in the :filtered: but heres how to fix it. There are default global keys for winamp besides the multimedia ones. For some reason the multimedia ones cause winamp to flash and take focus. But the global hot keys like ctrl alt page down and etc do not take focus. Just editing both the winamp and the keyboards settings can get what you want. I used ctrl shift f5 f6 f7 and f8 for all the functions and no longer does using them annoy my game play. Hope I helped out more than myself. It took a while to figure this out. Thanks for the help guys.

Thank you :D

EDIT: I've got M$ Optical Desktop kit. Seems reinstalling IntelliType 5.2 helped the problem. I can skip forward and back, pause and stop without bringing it out of focus from the game.

Although, Winamp still has to be loaded, and the music has to be queued :)

Edited by inedibleshoe

Sounds like "you can't have your cake and eat it too"....Just joking around, anyway I don't think there is anyway around this, you should be able to play in a shuffle mode, I use windows media player for my audio files and when playing games I could change songs and not worry about my screen minimizing the game, but I don't think you can do that with winamp...

Edited by krazy4kash