Sign in to follow this  
BioHunta

Xbox Live

I know this should probley go into the games and gear forum but i couldnt get a reply so.... when i try to connect my xbox live via direct connection between my modem (Motorola SB5120) with an ethernet cord. i get a message stating,

The DNS servers could not be reached. Check these possible options:

If your Xbox console is connected directly to your modem, verify the DNS Servers settings match the settings provided by your ISP.

If your Xbox console is connected to a router, verify the DNS Servers settings are set to automatic.

See www.xbox.com/connect for more information.

i have tried letting my xbox find the DNS servers automatically and i have put them in manually but to no avail. Can any1 help me?

Edited by BioHunta

I had the same problem, i couldnt find anything. I called up the router mfg and they got it working in a matter of a few minutes. I think you may need to call your isp and get them to help, you might need to give them the mac address of your computer so they will let you connect

Edited by leprechanmonkie

Guest hoosierdaddy481

I too am having a similar problem. I have same modem, same ISP, same connection type, and it is terribly difficult to connect to XBL, connecting requires a tedious power cycle and connection procedure, and even then i often get disconnected. Xbox customer support solved nothing, nor did comcast or motorola. Any help?