Sign in to follow this  
JC Denton

I Need To Swich To Linux

My honest opinion. If you don't know what model your computer is, if you don't know what the hardware and componants inside it are, if you don't know how to burn an iso image.................

Then I seriously and in all sincerety highly recommend you stick with windows.

My honest opinion. If you don't know what model your computer is, if you don't know what the hardware and componants inside it are, if you don't know how to burn an iso image.................

Then I seriously and in all sincerety highly recommend you stick with windows.

I would if SP2 did not criple it

I would if SP2 did not criple it

Just reinstall XP and don't install SP2. As simple as that. Edited by wolf88

did you select the rollback option when you installed SP2? I know with SP1, this was a "feature" that allowed you to remove SP1 if you experienced problems..

I'm not sure if this is in the official release, but the beta version of SP2 could be removed through Add/Remove Programs.

Edited by wolf88

XP came with the computer but I have found a way to get rid of it.

Fdisk? :rolleyes:

And I'm not sure if just deleting a piece of software that costs hundreds to buy is a good idea...I'm pretty sure you'll want it back in about 2 days.

Edited by wolf88

Fdisk? :rolleyes:

And I'm not sure if just deleting a piece of software that costs hundreds to buy is a good idea...I'm pretty sure you'll want it back in about 2 days.

no I ment SP2 I just used an old Sistome Resotre

i've read that to learn linux, u need to just dive into it, something not required in windows. go for it m8, i'm right beside u in the escapade, lol.

using suse distro

wdeydwondrer, did you get the eval kit? I ordered it last Friday. Haven't gotten it yet, I don't trust this German postal service, never got my German copy of the SP2 CD...ordered the English copy on the same day and it came 3 days later...

u didn't get the german copy of SP2 because all languages beyond English are delayed 2 months from Microsoft, read the pressrelease associated to the discs.

also, i have NOT got my eval kit for linux yet. even when i do get it, i'm not sure if i'm gonna be able to use it, lol. SUSE comes on a dvd disc in the pack, and i dun have a dvd reader in my linux unit, so i'll prolly just use these cd's i have here.

in fact, i'll put them in now, lol