Sign in to follow this  
Jennym

-aumagic - What's This?

Help, is this spyware? If it isn't, does anyone know which program it is and it keeps on trying to access the internet?

Hi JP, I posted a hijack log about half an hour ago...being an advanced member I am sure you will be able to find it quicker than I can find it and tell you where it is. I'll keep trying the link, the forum is too busy at the moment, but it looks as if it's a common problem!! Thanks for your help.

AU in the AUMagic is for Automatic Updates. Magic is just Microsoft's way for making it creative. This 'process' effectively performs automatic updates under Windows ME for a few files.

So it's 100% safe.

//Edit: do you have Zone Alarm as firewall?

Edited by J-P IT

Thanks J-P...I'll "let it out" now and yes I do have Zone Alarm, just how did you guess I wonder???

That's cheating Hans!!!!! By the way, is the log clean, Jacee wants me to download Spybot V1.3......but something is stopping me from downloading anything :bawling:

I'm sure she will Hans. This is a very busy board, so busy in fact that I'm not surprised the same question gets asked over and over again!

Thanks for the links Hans, but I always get the same problem...I get the warning box saying "Open, save or cancel" and the only button that works is cancel. Something somewhere on my system is not allowing me to download or changes the settings that would allow me to...it's very depressing :(

Hmm maybe I can send it to you by mail?

Click the "email" button below my posts and send a mail to me. With my reply I will add the .exe file from Spybot S&D :)

Hans, that would be really helpful. I have done as you said and look forward to hearing from you.

Regards

Jenny :cheers:

Edited by Jennym

Hans, the email worked a treat, the new version Spybot found another 8 problems! Thank you so much!!

I also managed to resolve my download problem today by uninstalling IE6...why I didn't think of that before I have no idea. And, I just noticed that I am an "Advanced Member" already and I have only been posting for 3 days!

Jenny :roller:

And, I just noticed that I am an "Advanced Member" already and I have only been posting for 3 days!

Congratz :P

Hans, the email worked a treat, the new version Spybot found another 8 problems! Thank you so much!!

I also managed to resolve my download problem today by uninstalling IE6...why I didn't think of that before I have no idea. And, I just noticed that I am an "Advanced Member" already and I have only been posting for 3 days!

Jenny :roller:

Congratz, and you're welcome! Glad I could help! :mrgreen: