Change Mode

9800se Fan And Hestsink

i got a litte bad news one of the black prongs broke off when i was trying too put it back on but it went on with one but it is a little tilted but not by much will it hurt too run it with it like that till i get a new cooler this week? theres no artfects nowere

im thinking too buy a new fan and heatsink for my 9800se but what is the best one for it? i was looking at this one http://www.newegg.com/app/ViewProductDesc....-186-110&depa=0 and this one http://www.newegg.com/app/ViewProductDesc....-110-107&depa=0 which one is better or is there a bettter one thats 20$ or under?

Personally, I like the first one because it allows you an extra vent for airflow, and you have an external control switch. Also, the lights on the other one produce heat. Edited by Jakeofalltrades

i just order the Arctic Cooling VGA Silencer i seen alot of pitsters have them on there 9700s and 9800s does it cool better than the stock heat sink? mine is a 9800se moded 8piplines and came with the same core and mem that the 9800 pro has and its the black heatsink fan it doesint seem like it cools it down becaze its hot when you touh it. one more thing do i need the ram heatsinks for the mem or can i just use the cooler?

Edited by gordesky1

1. Yes. Very Much so.

2. You dont need it, but if you want to overclock, its reccomended.

Another thing, Jake, those LED's produce so little heat, it wont affect it.

Yea those can be hard to mess with. I bought one a while back and guess what... I forgot to check my AGP slot speed! Turns out its a 4x which the card needs 8x but a friend is trying to get me a new motherboard and processor to match. :)

i problee wont overclock rightaway it realy for the heat issue becaze it real hot on the back of the card and one of them litte clips broke off on the one it came with and the heat sink is a litte tilted but it seems like it still works but i think it whould work alot better than the stock one becaze i herd the stock ones are junk.

maybee mine needs bettter cooling becaze its 9800se modded with 8piplines just like the 9800 pro and maybee the 9800ses heatsink is junk becaze its the black one not the siver one like the 9800pro and plus it will help my case temp becaze if i put my hand over the card i feel alot of heat. and should i run 4piplines ony till i get the new cooler too be safe?

Edited by gordesky1