Change Mode

The graphics are really great, the sound is great, unfortunately the game is after a very small time boring.

1. Go into room A be attacked by a spawned in fire thrower. Kill it, find health and ammo. Follow the linear game movement to the right door and go through it.

2. Go into Room B. Kill things that walk at out you from the dark. Kill them all. Find health and ammo. Follow the linear game movement to the right door and go through it.

Repeat as often as necessary to follow the linear game movement. Figure out some simple puzzles and follow the linear game movement.

Game of the year, so far, FarCry..

Edited by Ed Downing

The graphics are really great, the sound is great, unfortunately the game is after a very small time boring.

i 100% agree with you, i too was dulled by the poor,bland level design..its so linear i have more room to explore in a paper grocery sack!!

(btw, the hell level is the only cool level in the game, artwork there is topshelf)

i wasnt as impressed with graphics as i hoped,on high at 1027 res i can still mak out the polygons and most of the textures up close are blurry and lack significant detail yet some textures up close look amazing so what the heck did they spend 4 years on?...and yes i checked out ultra setting at 1280 res looks bout the same

i still think max pain 2 has the best photorealistic graphics to date, many textures look like actual photographics that were put onto the polygons, and textures up close were very detailed even the bumps in the paint ....i thought everything bout it was awesome other than its rather linear but still tons more fun to look at than doom3....also lets not forget URU..nothing in doom looks particularly any better, its dooms shadows and darkness that make the graphics look better than they really are....but farcry takes it all with its breathless scenery...level design plays a #1 role for any game i believe...all hail farcry, the undisputed game of the year....and maxpayne2... :worship:

i have to say i prefer Farcry, especially the first few levels, the look so good on the island in the sun. plus great game play, just that helicopter boss that drove me crazy!!!!

original wolfenstein is super fun, YEs i remember the good ol days of wolfenstein 3d, the ultimate doom, and duke nukem 3d they were all classics and im extremely glad to see similarities in the new doom and the old....

Well I just installed Doom 3 tonight, ,,,at first very impressive, but like everyone said very linear game play,,, almost like half life with better graphics,,,

none the less i was impressed, and will enjoy playing it to the end!!

Wow it's a hardware killer!!! I can run half life, and CS, and XIII at very high resolutions and detail level, but had to run Doom 3 at 640x480 full screen at low quality to make it playable (still looked better than Half Life, and others)

P4 2.0 512 pc2100 64MB GeForce3 Ti200 (heavily overclocked)

I'm gonna need a vid card upgrade to fully see Doom 3 in all it's "hype"

Wow it's a hardware killer!!! I can run half life, and CS, and XIII at very high resolutions and detail level, but had to run Doom 3 at 640x480 full screen at low quality to make it playable (still looked better than Half Life, and others)

its not too much of a hardware killer, your just compareing it agenst older games.

i think doom 3 is great and i think the 3d on doom is a litte better than farcry becaze i could run farcry with everything up even anti alias on and on doom im haveing trouble even on high settings at 1024x768 but if i put it on veryhigh its ok but skips alitte i think its my 512mb mem becaze if i go thew the stage than go back its real smooth. but i still like playing farcry :)

Edited by gordesky1

yeah well i dont know what the people at id were smoking when they said you wont be able to play ultra settings on a 256 card. well im at ultra settings and it doesnt lag one bit or stutter.

its not too much of a hardware killer, your just compareing it agenst older games.

Good point! I didn't think of that last night!

as for boring, well, I too quit after30-40 min..... but I'll have another run at it tonight, all the reviews i've read said the "Hell level" has the most amazing graphics. I'm shooting for Hell tonight! hehehe :mrwinky: :beer: :beer:

Guest fragged one

Good point! I didn't think of that last night!

as for boring, well, I too quit after30-40 min..... but I'll have another run at it tonight, all the reviews i've read said the "Hell level" has the most amazing graphics. I'm shooting for Hell tonight! hehehe :mrwinky: :beer: :beer:

if you don't want it, could you send it to me? :huh:

i dont see how you can say farcry is better, i mean the storyline on farcry isnt too good i mean the intro was total BS and omg... the ending was the worst i've ever seen " go in room one hit kill on the doc and walla game ends" but i guess in some ways you can say farcry is better, for it's freedom, and jungle scenes... for doom3 to get interesting you need to get further in the game, have any of you guys played resident evil? know how you pick up memo's and get a feel of what happend before it all went to hell?

Well doom3 is kinda like that with the PDA's you really cant get the fun outa it if you quit after 30 mins, i mean further on...."psssst after the hell lvl" stuff really get's messy :lol: trust me on that.... hope you like gore :)

Well from everything I've seen so far HL2 with it's physics engine will be hard to beat. I've experimented both the beta's and everthing is practically moveable.

It's not nearly as linear as D3 and you have huge outdoor area's.

It's going to be an interesting year for games :)