Change Mode

If I Dual Boot

Nrmf

if i install suse 9.1 personal on wifes pc with windows xp home on it and she decides that she can handle linux how can i take off the windows part so that i can free up more space for her and does the personal versopn come with latest kernal. man am i tired of virus .

even if it doesn't come with the latest stable kernel, it can be upgraded thru Yast. And as far as wiping windows goes, there are partitioning tools in Yast also. You can wipe the Windows partition and add it to the Linux partition, then fix the GRUB loader so it no longer hunts for windows.

-myk

easiest route is to use partition magic, if you have it, and simply delete the Linux partition. Next, you'll need to boot from your Windows CD to a "repair console" and restore the master boot record, otherwise Windows will not boot.

What version of Windwos are you using?

If its XP, just boot to the console and type "FIXMBR", minus the quotes, and all is well..

-myk

you could delete the linux partitions by inserting and rebooting with the windows xp disc, and going to the hard drive patitioning set up screen, and deleting them from there. windows will automatically reconfigure the boot record.