Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Countrydave55

Income Falls

I don't know if you're aware of this, but the poor don't buy stock. The poor are the ones without (good) jobs. What good does that do for the poor? 

And thats why I spend quite a few payless hours teaching many people some of the basic concepts of Office, CAD and other job related skills so that they can get a good paying job and buy some stock and improve their quality of life. :)

If you do not give them the bonuses, even when they implement pay cuts and freezes, they will go elsewhere for employment, the company will not survive and everyone will lose their jobs.

If I'm implementing pay cuts and I give someone that works for me along with myself EXTRA money on top of what their sallary already is, that makes me a hypocrit. There's no explanation for that, its a despicable practice. If you're cutting the pay of everyone else and/or firing people, don't raise your own pay. :blink: Might as well tattoo "hypocrit" on your forehead.

And thats why I spend quite a few payless hours teaching many people some of the basic concepts of Office, CAD and other job related skills so that they can get a good paying job and buy some stock and improve their quality of life. 

Good man. :cheers:

Guest Deuces Wild

If you do not give them the bonuses, even when they implement pay cuts and freezes, they will go elsewhere for employment, the company will not survive and everyone will lose their jobs.

Pure bull. $250,000+ bonus's are outrageous and inexcusable, especially at times when workers wages are frozen or pay increases are minimal.

Just remember that without the workers the company will not survive and the execs will lose their jobs. :rolleyes:

:mrsgreen: It's chilly in hell right now. I've found myself in 100% agreement with DW. :yikes:

I was under the impression that 'the better the general, the better the army'. Execs are a compny's generals and it's worth paying to keep the best.

Might as well tattoo "hypocrit" on your forehead.

Like Carly Fioina when she started at Compaq computer.

On the first day she fires 10,000 employees. Then she spends $5,000,000 to remodel her new office, buys 3 brand new corporate jets, and gives herself a $50 Million $$ bonus above and beyond her salary.

Do you still wonder why Compaq was forced to merge with HP to avert bankruptcy??? :mrgreen:

Pure bull. $250,000+ bonus's are outrageous and inexcusable, especially at times when workers wages are frozen or pay increases are minimal

Simple economics, Supply and Demand. If these people were not worth the money, companies would not hire and compete for the privalege of having these people operate their company.

In reply to SirT

When everybody's playing "GOOD TIMES" sure, but when the goin gets tuff and jobs start goin, you don't pay your golf buddies something like 10 times my yearly earnings (if i were to work this whole year). :lol:

If I was the general I would suck at the :filtered: too ....!

Computer_Crasher, you're really beginning to scare me. :blink: Whose side are you on? Yours or ours? :lol: Make up your mind! *shakes fist*

who is ours ....? ...Im on mine ....!

Computer_Crasher, you're really beginning to scare me.  Whose side are you on? Yours or ours?  Make up your mind! *shakes fist*

Im only pointing out the buisness facts. I agree with the point that these guys are overpaid.

Let me give you a true example of this BS. A large company (which I cannot name at this time) filed for bankruptcy a few years back. Many of the top management were going to jump ship. This would have been devastating to the survival of the company. The only way to retain the top level management was to give them 'retention' bonuses to convince them to stay. 40,000 other employees had their wages frozen.

Its simple Supply and Demand. Their is a very limited supply of high level management personel and therfore they are very difficult to find and very expensive to hire and retain.

Yes , I have a weekly rant when I see the salaries of these managers, (nobody in my mind is worth 10 - 500 million $$ before bonuses) but I also understand simple economics very well. If you want the best you will pay for the best.

I think they've created that monster themselves, they don't utilize the talent all around them. There are hard working, highly intelligent people just waiting for the chance to fill those positions. I'm sure many of them would be damn good at it too, if given a chance.

Well guys, I'll be back to chat a little later, it's time for me to go home. :woot:

Guest Deuces Wild

The spread between the salaries of executives and the "workers" is widening every year.

Yep, you indeed have to pay the execs the money if you want the good ones....but things are getting out of hand.

Here is an interesting article on this very thing.

Executive salaries at top 100 Silicon Valley companies :woot:

Paying high salaries is like buying a pair of $200 sneakers. If you want the best, you must pay the going rate. If people will pay $200 for a pair, then they must be worth it because the company sells all that they produce.

Companies have a choice on how much to pay top management. If they want the best, they must pay the salary. They could always find a manager for $100,000/yr instead of $10,000,000/yr, but is this a good buisness decision????

Most companies go over the $10,000,000 via competition just to get the manager to become the CEO of their company.

Guest Deuces Wild

Paying high salaries is like buying a pair of $200 sneakers. If you want the best, you must pay the going rate.

Are Air Jordans really the best? Do you jump higher and run faster in them? Price does not always directly relate to quality. :rolleyes:

And you are missing the main point...corporate greed. It has to stop. :)

Are Air Jordans really the best?

Consumers seem to think so. They keep handing over the $$$$ and I don't think the company is losing any money on the product.

Corporate greed has nothing to do with it.

Its supply and demand.

Marketing can create demand too. High demand doesn't necessarily mean the item in demand is the best. The smart consumers save money and the clueless ones pay high prices. That's not new.

You're correct.

Take Beer for example. Which is the best???

Beer is a 'Normal' good. The best and most aggressive advertiser sells the most beer, plain and simple. It has nothing to do with the taste of the beer itself. If Miller goes on a huge ad campaign blitz, then the sales of Miller go up and the sales of Bush and the others go down.

This is how a company must market their product when it is a normal good.

People are often asked to choose between Coke and Pepsi. Statistics prove that the best and most aggressive advertising gets the higher sales.

This is why I said earlier that 50% or more of the gross $$ obtained from product sales is spent on advertising.

Corporate greed has nothing to do with it.

Its supply and demand.

Supply and demand itself is based on greed. Tickle me elmo anybody? :lol: They didn't HAVE to mark up the price on those things so much, but they got greedy and though "hmm... there aren't many of these, people really like them, lemme SQUEEZE every little drop I can out of em". It was definitely not the "best" toy, but it was quite popular, mainly because of very good marketing. My little sister had one of those things... I don't even know where it is anymore, but at least we paid 'regular' price for it. ;)