Change Mode

Win Xp New User Need To Become Owner

Guest Wilky5

I am new to XP. Understand one person needs to be owner to do administrative functions.

somehow today gator software was downloaded and I cannot delete, says I do not have access and program needs not to be running.

My very shallow users guide is not helping me.

How do I delete this programs? :help:

Don't forget Spybot, although, Adaware should take care of it. Whenever I see that I've picked up gator somewhere, it's all about :yikes: "Get it off! Get it off!" ;)

I was completely irritated when I saw what I had in the way of user guides or manuals for XP when I first got my computer. I guess the days of instruction manuals are over with. I love it when they tell you you can get help on-line - what if your problem is that you can't get on-line!? Gees! :blink:

Guest Wilky5

thanks, looks like military or military supporters, good job. Support our troops!

I tried add/remove programs and I can't find. Found under search but delete is access denied?? I think I need to make one of XP users a owner or something to give me admin rights.

Don't like the idea of not having access to do something on a brand new computer I layed bucks out for.

thanks, looks like military or military supporters, good job. Support our troops!

I tried add/remove programs and I can't find. Found under search but delete is access denied?? I think I need to make one of XP users a owner or something to give me admin rights.

Don't like the idea of not having access to do something on a brand new computer I layed bucks out for.

The adaware will kill the gator and keep it from downloading itself again because of the registry entry that gator makes,,even if ya could delete the gator folder,,it will be back unless those entries are removed. :) v
Guest syffur

:help: When you first set up your user account(s) in XP make sure you are set up as administrator and you will be able to access administrative tools to do whatever on your puter.

Guest syffur
:huh: Her's how to change your account in XP. Click START >CONTROL PANEL >USER ACCOUNTS. Then click on the account you wish to change. Click CHANGE MY ACCOUNT TYPE and put a check in computer administrator > CHANGE ACCOUNT TYPE. That should get you going.