Sign in to follow this  
AMDX1325

The Democratic National Convention

I also agree that Kerry is about as far left as you can get. However one would have to base that on his 240 months in Congress, not his 4 months in the service. :lol:

You crack me up, DW... 4 months in the service? Try 4 years. Nobody had to tell him where the war was. He was there. Where was your hero again? Oh yeah... Getting his teeth fixed in Texas.

Kerry was behind in the polls just prior to the convention. He will get a 5-8 point bump because of it which will be negated by the jump Bush gets after his.

The bottom line though is that the only poll that counts is the one on election day. It should be a tight race and Mr Green party may be a tie breaker like Perot was.

All the polls have them about dead even 2 points in either direction. That is a failure for Bush.

If history plays out as his has so many times in the past, incumbents don't get re-elected unless they had an average of a 16 point lead at this point in the presidential race.

As Ax so clearly and very well pointed out Mr. Kerry served much longer then 4 months. He served his full military obligation, he remembers where he was, people remember him being there, he remembers the people he served with, and he has more then pay stubs and one dentists visit to prove it.

As for the 4 1/2 months he served "in country". Well I don't think you would find to many men that wouldn't leave, when presented with the "legal" option to leave combat.

Perhaps one of our member VietNam veterans could answer. If you had the option to leave combat, would you have done it?

As far as details go, was he supposed to read a 10,000 page budget in his 45 minute speech?

I thought it was pretty clear and defining. They wanted to define the man, and let the people who don't pay attention to things, try and understand what kind of man he is. In that light I thought he did well.

Show me a convention, where anyone, ever gave a detailed, specific, point by point way of getting their goals accomplished. :P

No 1000 points of light, and read my lips don't count. :rofl2: We know where that lead. ;)

Where is Mr. Bush's "detailed" explanation of how he will achieve whatever it is he wants to achieve.

BTW, what is it he is proposing? More deficits? More debt? More war? More spitting in the eye of Allies? More violations of the Constitution? More ammendment proposals to remove states rights? More ammendments to remove our rights? More lies and coverups? More rape and torture, condoned by the Attorney Generals office? More ...................

Your right it only counts on election day.

240 months of shockingly bad service in the senate and still managing to equal the incumbent president in the polls :rolleyes:

Says a lot for GWB if that's the best he can do against such a poor opponent ;)

Guest Deuces Wild

You crack me up, DW... 4 months in the service? Try 4 years. Nobody had to tell him where the war was. He was there. Where was your hero again? Oh yeah... Getting his teeth fixed in Texas.

He has based his qualifications as being able to serve as President very heavily on his 4 months in Nam. That was painfully clear during the convention, especially on the last day.

But even if we took it as 4 years as you say (did you know he got an early discharge. ;) ), which record would you rather consider when critiquing his political beliefs and where he stands on the poltical spectrum?

His recent 240 months as a US Senator, or 4 months (or 48 months as you say) of service in 'Vam/US Military some 30+ years ago?

And why is he not brining up his 240 months in the Senate? Hmmm? :lol:

BTW: I sure would like to know how he is planning to pay for universal healthcare while cutting taxes for 98% of us. :rolleyes:

Guest Deuces Wild

But he will only get a couple of thousand for him. :lol:

No I think we would have to pay someone to take him off our hands. We don't have enough to pay anyone for that. It would bankrupt our already bankrupt government. :P

But he will only get a couple of thousand for him. :lol:

That part of the speech had me cracking up.. it was too funny :rofl:

How much was it again? 40,000 terrorists? :woot:

Question

If you were a terrorist, who would you want elected?

Bush or Kerry?

Bush.. he helps to swell the ranks with new recruits, helps to draw attention to their cause, plus his inept ability to isolate himself and his country makes it easier for them.

excuse me, but when did we isolate ourselves?

excuse me, but when did we isolate ourselves?

Your pres has almost managed it....give him a 2nd term and he should finish the job :lol:

an example please?

an example please?

By 'isolate' I refer to your alienating the rest of the world. Not closing your borders etc... Do you really need examples of alienating other countries en mass?

are you talking about the U.N. again?

most americans DO NOT like the U.N., we've lost faith in it, we don't trust it, if our government didn't reflect this, what kind of government would it be?

have we alienated france? the american people, sure. the government? no.

are you talking about the U.N. again?

most americans DO NOT like the U.N., we've lost faith in it, we don't trust it, if our government didn't reflect this, what kind of government would it be?

have we alienated france? the american people, sure. the government? no.

:rolleyes::lol:

why won't you elaborate?

why won't you elaborate?

Your government has lied to and bulliedFrance, Germany, Russia etc remember the words "yer either with us or against us". Pathetic words from a moron.

If what you say is true and your government truly represents the wishes of its people, why oh why don't you quit the UN instead of destroying it from within like a cancer.

Guest fragged one

Your government has lied to and bulliedFrance, Germany, Russia etc remember the words "yer either with us or against us". Pathetic words from a moron.

If what you say is true and your government truly represents the wishes of its people, why oh why don't you quit the UN instead of destroying it from within like a cancer.

well, sure, they were greasing their pockets with saddams money in the oil for money/food program. they WERE against us.

well, sure, they were greasing their pockets with saddams money in the oil for money/food program. they WERE against us.

Black and white thinking in a colorful world. There is obviously more then two sides and the United States would have done the exact same thing in their situation. If the United States could have provided real evidence instead of making up a dog and pony show then maybe her allies may have helped her. Why try and pass the blame for a problem that was created by your country?