Sign in to follow this  
AMDX1325

The Democratic National Convention

Guest fragged one

I use a mirror :lol:

no, sir t, that's a picture of ron paul that you think is a mirror. :P

I use a mirror

What good is a mirror to you when it breaks before you ever get a chance to look into it?? :lol:

i'll end with a plea to those with intentions to vote 3rd party, or not vote at all, do not waste your vote. pick the lesser of your 2 evils, if that is your perception

that is the same asinine near-sighted thinking that has, and continues, to only give us two evils to vote on. if people, like you, would vote for the best choice, rather than vote for merely the better of two choices, then we wouldn't be in this situation.

and to that, i'll echo the previous comment:

VOTE LIBERTARIAN

i don't mind you, or anyone else, disagreeing with what i have to say: however, i most certainly mind you quantifying my thinking as asinine :angry:

like it your not, this election is between Kerry n' Bush and the reality is that a vote otherwise is wasted....apparently, i'm not the only one who thinks that way and we all can't be asinine near sighted thinkers :P

In a country as large as the United States, change happens slowly. In order for a viable presidential candidate (not just a spoiler) to happen at the national level, first the party must have some success at the local level. The Libertarian has had a few local successes, and they must build on this success and keep pressing. It may take decades but I agree that the fight is worth fighting.

I view this election as the lesser of two evils. Or perhaps voting for smaller changes. Bush has moved right from where he campaigned in 2000. Kerry has positioned himself left of Bush, but also right of where Bush campaigned in 2000. As a centrist, I will vote for the person closer to the center which is clearly Kerry.

Guest fragged one

the libertarian party has had a few thousand local successes. :tup:

I will vote for the person closer to the center which is clearly Kerry

Kerry is 1 of the farthest from center to the left out of all the democrats in congress, (his record will prove this without a doubt) so if you will vote for someone closest to center, the list surely cannot include Kerry, Edwards or Kennedy.

I think Kennedy is closer to center, if it's possible, than Kerry.

In his post, he clearly stated that he was voting for the lesser of two evils, which are Bush and Kerry. This leads us to his conclusion that Kerry, who is, to Rob, less evil, is the one who he is voting for.

I think Kennedy is closer to center, if it's possible, than Kerry.

But Kennedy's not running for president... :P -kd5-

Maybe Crasher and Sublimer share a similar interest... :shifty:

Guest Deuces Wild

But Kennedy's not running for president... :P        -kd5-

He is using Kennedy as a way to better define the terms left and center.

I also agree that Kerry is about as far left as you can get. However one would have to base that on his 240 months in Congress, not his 4 months in the service. :lol:

Edit: And that is exactly why he did not mention specifics, including his voting record during his 240 months in Congress. ;)

Edited by Deuces Wild

DW, Mass has two senators. The good thing for Kerry is that Kennedy makes anyone look moderate by comparison.

I think you bring up a good point about voting records though. They are often distorted, which is why so few senators become president. It's a lot easier to come in as a governor (Bush, Clinton, Reagan, Carter, Nixon) and weather the criticism of "doesn't know foreign policy" than it is to explain complex votes in sound bites.

We all know the realities of how a bill becomes a law. That 12-minute epic propaganda from the RNC that you have in your sig does a great job of oversimplifying things by taking a 50-issue bill, focusing on one issue, and then saying that a vote against the bill was a vote against that issue.

Normally I would bet against Kerry because of the senatorial handicap, but this year I already see enough former Bush voters swinging against him to spell his doom on election day.

Guest Deuces Wild

Kerry was behind in the polls just prior to the convention. He will get a 5-8 point bump because of it which will be negated by the jump Bush gets after his.

The bottom line though is that the only poll that counts is the one on election day. It should be a tight race and Mr Green party may be a tie breaker like Perot was.

Perot was the only third party person who ever really got enough votes to make a difference in my opinion. Nader is a side show with no chance and always has been. There are a few people who could run third party and have a chance but they are all locked up in parties right now.

Kerry has yet to provide us any clue as to how he can realisticly implement his plans and ideas.

He only has 3 short months to lay out his plans in detail or his future dream of becoming becoming president will remain just that. A DREAM.

When the debates start, GWB will kick some Kerry B*^%T and Cheney will eat up Little John for lunch, chew him up and spit him out.

BTW- Edwards wife played a mean 'AIR VIOLIN' at the convention last night. :mrgreen:

Kerry has yet to provide us any clue as to how he can realisticly implement his plans and ideas. He only has 3 short months to lay out his plans in detail or his future dream of becoming becoming president will remain just that. A DREAM.

Perhaps he will do like Bush and abandon most of the ideas after he is elected. In Kerry's case that will be easier because the Republican Congress will not cooperate with him. Actually, that may be a good thing. After the past few years I am starting to see the benefits of a do-nothing government.

Guest fragged one

Perhaps he will do like Bush and abandon most of the ideas after he is elected. In Kerry's case that will be easier because the Republican Congress will not cooperate with him. Actually, that may be a good thing. After the past few years I am starting to see the benefits of a do-nothing government.

good point :tup:

but who's to say that the republicans will retain control after november second?

yep a do nothing govt is much better than the do everything government we have in Kalifornia....I wouldnt doubt if we are in the hole another 14billion this year.

The problem in Calleyfornya is that you can't print money or carry a massive debt like the feds. That means the only choices are to raise taxes or cut spending. From what Arnold was saying the girley-man legislators are hoping to stall until a third mystery option arrives or they outlast him and can blame him for the trouble.

the only problem with california is that the legislature has been controlled by liberal democrats for the last decade. The "girley-men" dont want to cut spending, they stalled for so long in hopes that he would agree to higher taxes assuring his re-election failure and the continuation of bigger and more costly government. Instead we now have a budget we cant pay for.

Did the new $125/wk increase go through for unemployment benefits last month?? I always wondered how you could pay for this without causing a huge increase in the Qauwleeforneeyah deficit.

I am honestly not sure because the budget just passed. I dont think the state could have increased anything unless it was earmarked last year.