Change Mode

Cd Ripping Opinion

Warruk

I've recently begun trying to convert my collection of CD's to mp3 format on my PC. I was just curious what the Pitstop crowd felt was the best technique. I read up on a few of the methods my ripper (CDex) will use (VBR-New, Old, ABR) but I don't know too much about any of them. Any thoughts?

Joseph

I used to love real player, you just set it up in the options then thats it, everytime you put a cd in it asks you do you want to save it then you say yes thats it, obviously you set up everything first so it saves in the mp3 format to the quality you want but then everything it saves from then will be saved as an mp3 along with artist info etc if it's able to find it, but since being here and learning about spyware and hearing real player has spyware I haven't used it since, I've heard it said theres a spyware free version somewhere but haven't found it myself, but TBH I haven't looked for it really either, but I did love the ease of it's use.

i'm currently putting my CD on the 'puter too. I'm using windows XP with the Windows Media 9 player (think its 9) - got to be honest i think its brilliant, good sound on 192k option, , good visualisations and best of all so far its managed to bypass any 'copy-controlled' CD its come across :woot: whats the deal with that then I'd have thought Microsoft would have been on the side of the record companies ?!? Still not complaining.

i used to use Winamp b4 for playback, dont know whatits like now though.

I have WMP9 as well but if I'm understanding it right you need to get plug in's to save as MP3, and I don't think they are free from what I can recall the last time I looked, so if you don't mind my asking did you upgrade or anything or were you able to find a free add on ?

BTW I really miss the sheep boogeying on this version, would be great if it could be added on.

MusicMatch Jukebox will rip .mp3s, and it's free - or you can buy a faster version, but the free works fine. It can convert different types of sound files, and you can choose the quality, like if you want to rip some lesser quality smaller files to be dialup friendly when you upload them.