Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

volt

Sick

The central concerns of my research and teaching include: labor and class formation, racialization, the production of urban space, nationalism

Kind of ironic eh! Nationalism, what kind of nationalism is he representing here? Calling for the loss of the american forces. It sounds like he is an immigrant with half of a education that is bitter towards america.

What I'm wondering though, is why this @$$hole is even saying anything about the war, he is in the Anthropology department, so why is he lecturing or even talking about this war. How is this ingrate helping anyone by saying that, especially as a Professor, he is conveying a horrible message to influential youth at Columbia University.

I personally think that he should be fired from his position as a Professor, (freedom is speech my @$$, he should be lucky not to get treason for his threatening comments)

I think the coalition should use that F&CKER and do a sucide bombing on Iraqi soldiers. See how he likes that!

Z1ON...not to long ago another professor at the same university, Columbia made the statement, this may not be verbatum....

"All Jews that are born in Brooklyn and go to live on the West Bank should be shot dead."

He also is still on the payroll at Columbia. :blink:

That school is replete with idiots..

Sure, if it was his opinion that war was wrong, fine. I don't really like the protestors and the way they're going about protesting, but fine...that's an opinion. An American citizen openly stating and encouraging sedition against the United States of America is illegal by the constitution.

Treason against the United States, shall consist only in levying War against them, or in adhering to their Enemies, giving them Aid and Comfort. No Person shall be convicted of Treason unless on the Testimony of two Witnesses to the same overt Act, or on Confession in open Court.

Would his statements not be adhering to our enemies, and aiding them (teaching against the US, encouraging ways to slow the movement of troops in favor of the enemy would be aiding and adhering to them).

I don't think it's a problem finding 2 witnesses...the whole world could see, plus all his students.

I agree Oilersfan...an anthropologist.... :mrsgreen:

I'm going to be putting up a site ofr myself soon...just a personal site with reviews of products and my political views...ought to be interesting.

I'm so sick and tired of seeing these morons have tax/university funded soapboxes to spread their quasi-religiously fanatical devotion to these BS ideas. These people don't educate students, they attempt to convert them to their political views. So what business do they have teaching in institutions of higher learning? I had a professor like that, though he hasn't made any statemenst *as* rediculous as this guy (that I know of), but having that prof as a freshman in college really made me cynical. At first, I ate up everything this guy taught... after all, if he's a professor, he wouldn't blatantly lie and decieve, would he? Anyway, I eventually started looking into some things he said and even tried to speak up in class and when my statement didn't resonate with the PC groupies, I got laughed into silence by half the class and the prof did nothing to shut them the hell up. I don't trust anything people have to say that has some kind of political slant because, as I've learned, you can come up with all kinds of studies and testimonials to back up whatever position you have on something. I'm very reluctant to trust that a person's (especially professor, or "professional" protester/activist) devotion to a cause they give their activism to is done out of principle and not out some self-interest for their own social/political agenda. They say that college is a place where we are supposed to be subjected to a diverse series of beliefs, etc. And some people say that all opinions are as valid as each other. That's just plain BS. If someone has the *opinion* that rape is a valid way to get what a guy wants - that person is a moron, plain and simple and his opinion is garbage, through and through. Yet, they expect us to someday look back and be pleased that similarly radical and BS ideas are spread in college by professors for the sake of our learning a diverse set of views. Hiring such a person to a teaching position in a university gives that person credibility, whether it's a false sense. Yada yada yada... all I know is that professors I've always appreciated most have been the ones that give a balanced set of views on a given issue and make it hard to determine exactly what political polarity they subscribe to. Personally, I have happily dissociated my self from any political party and feel comfortable in the pragmatic sense that I look at issues with. Sorry for the rant :nuke:

Don't apologise...its all true anyway.

Plus, aren't we all just ranting here? :mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen:

More info on that idiot and his bosses.

NICHOLAS PAUL DE GENOVA, Asst Prof Anthropology

Dept of Anthropology/Latino Studies

416 Hamilton

(212) 854-0199

Fax: (212) 854-0500

[email protected]

Public Affairs (212) 854-5573

Fax: (212) 678-4817

Eileen M. Murphy Executive Director, Media Relations