Change Mode

I Have Verizon Dsl

Guest NycThaStreetz

Guest NycThaStreetz

i get pretty good downloads from some websights like 88-125kbps but i thought i would get at least 200kbps whats the problem and also on kazaa i cant download at 200Kbps like i was told. I need help because when i play streaming videos @ 300 Kbps it dont skip or at 500kbps but when i download it goes at 80-125? y?

heres the link stuff

http://www.pcpitstop.com/techexpress.asp?i...0XWWWK1SU0SZT8B

Edited by NycThaStreetz

thats a decent speed.

as for the streaming audio.. take a look back at your test results. youll see that youre getting 700 + kbits/sec. kilobits are a bit smaller compared to kilobites.. and when they estimate streaming audio on net, im not swearing, bu t i do think they go by kilobits / second.

and which in that case, youve got a 700 + kbits/second download speed. go here and test your download speed alone.... http://www.pcpitstop.com/internet/default.asp

after u do that test, read closely at what the results say. and with your connection speed, id do the t3 / fast cable test.. all it is is a larger amount of a file to download, which will be a more accurate test. also, just becuz u get a 700 + kbits/second rate, doesnt mean u can download say.. a song at that rate.

i have a 1800 kbits/sec rate approx.. and i can download at barely over 200 kb/sec

but others will give ya info on how to tweak that connection a bit for a bit more performance.

Hey Newdles, the reason you can only download at 200 KB/sec is because that is about the same as 1800 Kb/sec. KB is kilo bytes. Kb is kilo bits. 8 bits in a byte. 200 * 8 = 1600 which is close enough.

,Mar 30 2003, 05:55 PM] The DSL modem that Verizon provides is 768/128 kbit, so the speeds that you are getting are correct. :erm:

Got to Agree, I too have Verizon DSL and my speeds are in that range!

hey Guard, I'm from Philly too! small world! :mrgreen:

Adam

• 2 weeks later...