Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Countrydave55

Network Connection Removal

I have a computer in the home network with way too much stuff on it to be reformatted.

But when it was first built I had what I thought was a bad network card. I tried 4 different cards (1 was bad) but it turns out the problem was McAfee's firewall. Anyway this meant installing 4 net work cards. The MoBo has a built in network card. I tried a phone connection LAN and a power line LAN so that is 2 more LAN connections.

The problem is my device manager shows 7 network adapters 4 mini ports. I only need 1 network device ( the on board connection) but I haven't been able to remove any of them.

I tried uninstalling them from device manager in safe mode. I tried uninstalling from device manager in Windows mode. I ran Easy Cleaner to clean the registry. I ran RegCleaner to clean the registry. I finally edited the registry manually and removed every reference I could find to the network cards. Most of the attempted deletions were met with "illegal action" but I deleted 60 or more entries. Obviously I didn't find them all because they are still in the device manager.

Any ideas how to remove these things?

OS Win XP Home.

What O.S.? in w2k I can open my device manager and right click on the particular device to show a window to disable or uninstall, need to uninstall the drivers first or it'll probably come right back when you reboot

The OS is XP home.

I have tried removing the drivers and it does keep coming back. They are MS native support drivers and that might be related.

Give this a try...............physically unplug your cat 5 cable from your computer and try uninstalling them.