Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Countrydave55

Ashcroft And The Patriot Act

Lets wait until they kill YOUR family via a suicide attack or other carefully planned action that we knew about long in advance. Hell GWB knew about 9/11 well in advance and still allowed it to happen.

We must be sure to have several of the best lawyers available at their disposal to protect them at the expense of the US taxpayers.

Then we should put them on trial in the Northern district of California court and guarantee their release even if they are guilty....and then allow them to finish their plan and carry it out fully.

Sounds about right to me..except this part..

(Hell GWB knew about 9/11 well in advance and still allowed it to happen.)

I'm for whatever it takes to keep our country safe... :woot: close the borders

Bush's ratings are at an all-time low.

Don't know what rating you're talking about...all time high around here.. :rolleyes:

The Supreme Court pooped in Ashcroft's mess kit today

The liberals on the Supreme Court are going to be the downfall of amreica..

Don't know what rating you're talking about...all time high around here..

:lol:

You'd get my vote, Ike. You've got the spirit of Republicanism without the shifty eyes. :lol:

:lol:

You'd get my vote, Ike. You've got the spirit of Republicanism without the shifty eyes. :lol:

What about voting for me? I am seriously contemplating on running in the 2012 election. :blink:

Now, on to the topic at hand, this administration has gotten out of control. The Patriot Act was written in such a way that it can be used to violate virtually every right we citizens have. It can be used with little to no verification of facts against anyone they see fit. The reasons do not even have to be about homeland security. I checked links on the PA and it was written on the official documents "To deter and punish terrorist acts in the United States and around the world, to enhance law enforcement investigatory tools, and for other purposes." .

This opens the way to permitting government agencies to arbitrarily run investigations on who they wish under any guise of their choosing.

There are no wordings in the PA to protect people who are just exercising free speach. There are no wordings protecting legal firearms owners, there are no wordings to protect honest protestors. All these people do, as of now, fall under the domain of the PA and can be investigated without knowledge or ablity to vindicate themselves. This act has given the government the ablity to attack anyone whom does not agree with their views and beliefs.

My righting this and many of the other posters on this thread alone could be used against us to bring up an investigation into our lives and lead to are incarceration/detainment.

Bush is starting to sound more like a facist leader everyday... and that is not even the scary part. He actually has cheerleader sitting idealy by cheering him on as he is crushing the rights of Americans.

Here's a question for eveyone. If Bush is reelected, are we also looking at 4 more years of Ashcroft?

Here's a question for eveyone. If Bush is reelected, are we also looking at 4 more years of Ashcroft?

I sure hope not, however, I fear that is exactly what we will be dealing with.

If Bush is re-elected ( and I suspect he will be) Ashcroft will stay on. Ashcroft is widely rumored to be on the same list as Colin Powell (i.e., ignored by and discounted by the Bush insiders). But unlike Powell who is rumored to be leaving of his own accord Ashcroft is a sold, hard line, ignore the law kind of guy that fits in with the administration. Besides Ashcroft's very conservative religious stance fits well with the administrations policy.

Finally Bush is not someone that fires people for being inept. He places loyalty above ability and that has been shown repeatedly. Clearly Ashcroft is loyal so that will be looked upon favorably.

Your right Cdave, he doesn't fire the inept ones, he fires the ones capable of seeing and acting rationally.

However I will disagree with your belief that he will be re-elected. I don't think he has a snowballs chance in hell of making it for a second term. Well I pray that for the good of our country he won't get a second chance.

I hope you have impeccable scrutineers with some clout.