Change Mode

HHHHHHHHHHEEEEEEEEEEEEELLLLLLLLLLLLPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPP :blushing:

I have been using adaware for quite a while but after some weird browser stuff and a noticeable boggie-ness and virus scans with both the Pit and Trend

I downloaded spybot and ran it and about fell off my chair when I received back a list of spyware items.

Backweb seems to be prevalent but there are others and Im just not sure what to do with it all so I thought Id come and ask you folks before I remove somthing and crash the system. I made a .txt report of the scan and here it is:

Edited by kubleese

the only thing that might cause a problem is removing the backweb, removing it might make one of your programs you use to stop working.

but, after saying that, I wouldn't want the program that included the backweb to begin with :nospys::angry:

I'd remove everything else for sure. :)

Thanks Radio! I got kinda queasy about just dumping ALL of that but from all the reading Ive been doing in here everyone seems very pleased with spybot's method of operation.

Have a great day!! :woot:

I think Spybot is one of the best programs for spyware eradication out there! I think one of Spybots best features it has is the Immunize!! I use it and now it doesn't take quite so long to clean my system when I run Spybot!

Thanks Radio! I got kinda queasy about just dumping ALL of that but from all the reading Ive been doing in here everyone seems very pleased with spybot's method of operation.

Have a great day!! :woot:

I would only remove what it finds that is prechecked and in red font.

Hi Radio!

Yup I gotcha just the stuff checked AND in red :-)

Oddly most of Backweb wasnt checked. After some investingating I found that backweb is preloaded or something with Western Digital Harddrives. Any info on that? I havnt done anything as of yet--LOL still queasy about it.

I dumped that long list just because I didnt think it needed to take up space in the forum. LMAO I can always put it back though I have it saved as a txt file on my desktop for late night pondering......... LOL Thanks, Debbie