Change Mode

Please be carefull when going to websites regarding the war. I do not know the URL of the one that I went to, but when I went to it, it started downloading a virus(es)(?).

A "friend" of mine from said that her zone alarm has been going crazy the last few days. When tracing them they have been coming from places like Saudi Arabia, Turkey, Brazil, France and other European Countires. (I am not sure if that means anything or not, just thought I would mention it so that if it is a "cyber" attack people are aware that they better have good security on their computers.)

Take care,

Cathie

*PS*....I don't think i have said anything that would justify "bashing me" for this post, so please don't.

Thanks for the heads up Cathie. :)

:cheers:

If I got something coming from those places, I'd go down to the recruiting office so I could show those foreign computer hacks what I thought of them getting into my pc :mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen:

Cathie, Volt put this link up a few days ago when I had heard (on the news) that people should be aware of new virus attacks on the internet.

http://www.idg.com.sg/idgwww.nsf/unidlooku...B6?OpenDocument

I got a strange email this morning from "support".....subject: "404 error" and it came with an attachment! I deleted it immediately. I don't know anyone by the name of support....If my Isp wants to get ahold of me, they can identify themselves and not send me an attachment LOL :P

Edited by Jacee

Ty, I must have missed Volts link.

here is a little something I found off another site......

F-Secure said the hackers fall into three main camps:

- US-based patriotic hackers, who want to join the war against Iraq but have no others means to do so, and may be targeting Iraqi sites.

- Islamic extremist groups launching attacks against US sites, especially those of the military.

- Peace activists who are not for either side but are trying to use get across an anti-war message.

http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=stor...r_us_internet_1

If ya want to avoid those nasty downloads while surfing on the wild side. :mrgreen: v

Internet options> security tab> custom level> scoll down to file downloads and disable it.

Thnx Volt,

Went and did what you said. Sometimes the simplest things are over looked, good thing people like you rememeber the obvious.....

Jander, NO feeling stupid......I over looked it too :P so if you feel stupid then I have to feel stupid :erm: and right now I am a little happy cause my son was feeling well enough to get out of bed for a few minutes today! :mrgreen:

:nospys:

hi Cathie

i wish i had read this yesterday i went to on today and i got a virus i am just waiting for a reply from user to user now to help me clear it out........ All i can say is the people who are doing this to us are very sick.

any way chathie thanks for the warning even if i did miss the warning ;)

Thnx Volt,

Went and did what you said. Sometimes the simplest things are over looked, good thing people like you rememeber the obvious.....

Jander, NO feeling stupid......I over looked it too :P so if you feel stupid then I have to feel stupid :erm: and right now I am a little happy cause my son was feeling well enough to get out of bed for a few minutes today! :mrgreen:

I don't mean to hi jack this thread, but what's up with him? Feeling crummy?

If ya want to avoid those nasty downloads while surfing on the wild side. :mrgreen: v

Internet options> security tab> custom level> scoll down to file downloads and disable it.

Okay, let's get ready for a really "stupid" question :blushing:

If you disable file downloads, then you need to go back in and check enable

if you want to download something? A "prompt option" would be nice, but there isn't one :huh:

I know its a pain in the rump,,and yes ya have to reenable it to download a damn thing,,even a thumbnail pic most of the time.

I only do it if I'm headed for the wild and wooly sites!! :mrgreen: v

Jander,

Daniel was/is very sick. Is finally eating something today. Dry sugar crisps of all things. And he has been out of bed for 3 hours so far today and it has not worn him out completly!!

He has been sleeping most of the time cause he is on coden and 2 other meds. Wish I could tell you what he has, but he has 3 diferent things, ALL words that only doctors know*L*.....Strepthroat is one though. Then something with his chest and something with his bowels, blood shot eyes and breathing dificulties( breathing is ok now though).

His gums started to bleed in the middle of last night. He woke up with blood all in his mouth on on his pillow. I called about it and was told just to watch him, and if the bleeding gets worse to take him in. They checked him for Meningitas, thank gawd it came out negative.

One thing I always hate the most is when my kids are sick. Would rather have it me...... :(