Change Mode

How Long Should You Leave The Cmos Battery Out?

kd5

I don't think they are. I know the larger set with 12 switches is supposed to be set to auto (auto detect, I guess) for processor type and speed. The other dip switch (set of 8 switches) I haven't a clue about because I didn't look that carefully at what they were for.

These switches weren't set anywhere near to what the diagram said they're supposed to be, but I set them back to the original configuration anyway. -kd5-

Well when you reset the BIOS by taking the CMOS battery out(which usually only takes a few minutes to clear BIOS) then you must have cleared something in the BIOS that you need to manually set back up in order for it to boot. In the BIOS is the correct drive selected to boot from? There could be several different things in the BIOS you will need to change depending on the setup. Try diging around in the BIOS and see if you can spot it.

Thanks Section8, but it's all fixed and he's got it home already. Now he's calling me because his "game" doesn't want to install right, so I imagine I'll be fixing more stuff for him before too long... :rolleyes: -kd5-

LOL good luck. I have about 6 PC's sitting here right now that are probably in as bad as or worse than your friends PC. All people that find out you know a thing or 2 about computers and the next thing you know they are lining dead PC's up at you house wanting miracles. I have this celeron 400 here now that I need to fix but it is so slow to do anything that I fall asleep just waiting for it to get to the BIOS screen. LOL

Archived