Sign in to follow this  
ChrisR

This Is Ridiculous

well im an athist so I dont read the bibel but I think undercerrents in the mind will pick up the agresiveness and make the kid act out vilontly

Do you even have children?

No, I didn't say smack him, I said spank him.  There's a BIG difference in my book.  And yes, he is young, but you start teaching them when they're young, and they'll thank you for it when they're older.  

I come from the "spare the rod and spoil the child" way of child-rearing.  

Geez people!! I didn't say beat the kid half to death.  :rolleyes:

A 7 year old that is totally lashing out and is 100% out of control? Yes, that might warrant a spanking.

A 2 year old that playfully hides my cable modem? No, hitting the kid would be just plain mean.

A 2 year old in this situation isn't even old enough to understand when he's doing something wrong and when he's being punished for it. He might understand if you yell at him for touching the electrical socket right then and there, but spanking him for something he probably doesn't even remember doing makes no sense.

I don't agree with hitting kids, I can think of 100 other ways to punish them without resorting to violence.

They are old enough to know. And having thier hand slapped and told not to touch does wonders for not replace a million vcrs/etc. They will rememebr their hand slapped longer than that 2 minute timeout!

Do you have kids?

wwhispers had you taken the trouble to read some of the previous posts you would have known the answer to that question.

The punishment should fit the crime.  Two years old and having fun...should still be scolded somehow.  Have to teach them for the future...what happens if he thinks its ok to playfully hide the wedding ring in the sink...:lol:

I don't feel like arguing corporal punishment...it should be used, and if you raise your kids right, they won't be violent...I know tons of people who got the belt and are the nicest people today...and respect their parents.

if my parients hit me I would hit them back and lose all respect for them.
LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! How old are you?

:blink:  Smacking him?  That seems like an evil thing to do.

Well it was in the dryer!!  Thankfully it didn't get turned on, but how the hell did he think to stick it in there??  At least I'm back on broadband now.

For him to get from the computer room to the laundry room/ dryer with the modem was just wayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy to long to leave a baby alone. You should be the one to be spanked!
I'm only 16 and he aint my kid. The laundry room and the living room are about 10 feet away from each other, so I think you should just be quiet right now before you make yourself seem even more ignorant.

:blink:  Smacking him?  That seems like an evil thing to do.

Well it was in the dryer!!  Thankfully it didn't get turned on, but how the hell did he think to stick it in there??  At least I'm back on broadband now.

For him to get from the computer room to the laundry room/ dryer with the modem was just wayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy to long to leave a baby alone. You should be the one to be spanked!
I'm only 16 and he aint my kid. The laundry room and the living room are about 10 feet away from each other, so I think you should just be quiet right now before you make yourself seem even more ignorant.
ohhhhhhhhhhhh...so age 16 isn't old enough for common sense?

wwhispers had you taken the trouble to read some of the previous posts you would have known the answer to that question.

I do have children around that age. I haven't had to resort to bullying them. The primary reason children run away from home is domestic violence. It usually starts when they are toddlers

I'm sorry you are right, that totally idiotic comment threw me off. Can you bend over...I think you have something stuck ;P

ohhhhhhhhhhhh...so age 16 isn't old enough for common sense?

Certainly it is, but you don't seem to have any yourself. ;)

I think you have something stuck ;P

...Did someone run out of nicotine patches?

You guys should tone it down in here after this comment ^ (sorry about that one mods :lol: ) but seriously people, smoke one and then get back to this thread :woot:

...Did someone run out of nicotine patches?

You guys should tone it down in here after this comment ^ (sorry about that one mods :lol: ) but seriously people, smoke one and then get back to this thread :woot:

You take the fun out of being mean.

Can you bend over...I think you have something stuck ;P

did you THINK before you posted?

All of us are entitled to our opinions, but please don't be rude in your reply to another member.

Geez people, I feel very strongly on this subject, and even I haven't resorted to being rude......................

You can all state your opinions without putting others down for theirs. I don't agree with everyone here, but I am certainly not going to put anyone down for their views.

Now play nice kids... :P

I'm sorry, but, I have to agree with DL on this once again. It is obvious that since the PC crowd made it illegal to discipline your child, children have grown up with the "I don't give a f***" attitude. This attitude has become more apparent over the past 10 years. I had the barehand method, the belt method, groundings and the restriction method ( ie. no desert and/or tv/radio, also, put in a corner). After the belt or hand method of discipline my father would give me and/or my brother (if we both were involved) a few minutes in our room to think it over, he would then give us the "lecture".

I grew up quite fine. I do not act out in violence and never have. I have always sought out alternatives to getting into fights growing up. I do not abuse alcohol or drugs. I do not disrespect my parents.

However, the kids today are taught in school that if they are spanked, grounded, sent to their room, put in a corner, have things taken away (ie. tv, radio, video games), they are being abused by their parents and should seek out help to have their parents stop said abuse. My uncle had his kids taken away by Social Services because he slapped his boy's hand once because he pulled his sister's hair. My uncle and his wife had to go to child raising classes where they were told to always hug the child and never discipline them. They were told to never take away things they are used to having because it is considered abusive. They were told to always cater (when possible) to whatever the child wants.

The children were, also, taken to another class where they were told to never let their parents prevent them from doing what they want. They were, also, made to remember a number to call Social Services if their parents ground, spank, or otherwise discipline them.

This PC society has gone too far. They have taken all responsiblity of raising kids from their parents and make the parents responsible if their child does something wrong in public. They are even trying to extend parents responsiblity of what their child does to the age of 21. This type of madness has to stop. It is apalling that parents have had their child raising rights removed and are still made accountable for what their child does, when said child is not at home.

I have seen what this has done first hand. These kids have become obnoxious little brats. They are constantly challenging my uncle and getting in his face daring him to try anything at all. They constantly walk out the door yelling at him saying "you cant stop me or tell me what to do".

I find this a little farfetched. Social services took a kid away over a slap on the hand? If this is true, then I would gladly volunteer to punch and kick the Hell out of those damn idiots! :) My parents spanked me as a child, and I've even got into a fist fight with my dad, but I grew up to be the nicest child on the block! Never once did I ever feel abused, and my parents are primarily very respectable people whom I love very much! This social service crap is really getting out of hand, and I say someone should make a stand against it. I'm sick and tired of seeing these stupid teenagers cause trouble, and being a teenager myself, it offends me. It's people that have never been disciplined that give teenagers that stereotype for being troublemakers.

Jake, unfortunately these days, social services don't need much of a reason to take kids away from their parents. They can simply say that they deem the environment to be unsuitable. It's the parents' word against the caseworker or whoever is in charge, and who do you think they're gonna believe?

And I totally agree with you...social services has gone way out of control. Yes some children (thousands upon thousands in fact) are abused every day, and need someone to look out for their best interests. But social services has gone so far to the other end of the spectrum, that in a lot of cases, all it takes is one phone call or one person seeing something they deem as child abuse, and poof! there goes your kids.

I find this a little farfetched.

Fetched?

I'm open player!

Throw me a stick!

Throw me a fresbee!

Throw me a ball!

Throw me something player!!!

[if you have no idea what that was about, you haven't seen the movie "Good Boy"]

The story behind that is I said that something was farfetched in the car while the family was driving to a Geocache. My three year old hears me say farfetched and starts quoting the movie as said above, it was hilarious :P

I'm sick and tired of seeing these stupid teenagers cause trouble, and being a teenager myself, it offends me. It's people that have never been disciplined that give teenagers that stereotype for being troublemakers.

But don't you know...all teenagers are bad... :mrsgreen:

I've been around them all too much; disrespectful, hateful, jealous, and a host of other bad stuff...I grew up as a child in a home where my parents didn't cuss, went to church, got a spanking when I disobeyed them, and despite people at school cussing and trying to make me, I wouldn't. I've always had the decency to stay away from that. And on top of it, I try to avoid making enemies, avoid hate, etc. I'd say that's a good upbringing...but it's more than just discipline; it's just a good home in general.

I'd say that's a good upbringing...but it's more than just discipline; it's just a good home in general.

Home run young fella :):tup: :beer: <<<<< pretend it's rootbeer :P

Jake, unfortunately these days, social services don't need much of a reason to take kids away from their parents. They can simply say that they deem the environment to be unsuitable. It's the parents' word against the caseworker or whoever is in charge, and who do you think they're gonna believe?

And I totally agree with you...social services has gone way out of control. Yes some children (thousands upon thousands in fact) are abused every day, and need someone to look out for their best interests. But social services has gone so far to the other end of the spectrum, that in a lot of cases, all it takes is one phone call or one person seeing something they deem as child abuse, and poof! there goes your kids.

First off, I like your new avatar! :mrgreen:

But on to the issue...

I've lived in really trashy homes my whole life, but who's to say the parents should be blamed for that? That's my evil doing! :mrgreen: If social services wanted to take me away (this is strictly hypothetical. Being 18 now, this wouldn't apply to me...) then I'd put up a fight. I've lived in trashy homes, I've been spanked and disciplined, and God forbid if my mom didn't smack me once or twice for putting my foot out of line when I was growing up, but if you met me, you'd see me to be a very friendly person who gets along with everyone who's willing to get along with me. And as for the unsanitary living environment, I'm a perfectly healthy person who hasn't gotten sick in eight years! Social services can cram it! :)