Sign in to follow this  
duanester

I Need A New Case

hi to the pit :)

things are fine during normal operation till i start encoding then i haveto open the case & plug in a fan & keep airflow directed towards case :erm:

im shure the pitmasters have cases to were things are extremely cooler :woot:

any opinions on finding a quality case plus my lead's are starting to flicker like strobe light's!

How much are you looking to spend? This case looks to be one of the best out at the moment and the way it is set up leads me to beleive it will also be able to house BTX in the future.

Lian-Li PC-V1000 Aluminum Mid Tower

nice case . cost is not the issue its that my system zone is heating up during extreme encoding meaning the cpu core temp is fine. the mem and chipset are blazing during this time and wondering if theres a case that will keep all that junk in there cool. maby something with a large side panel fan directed to board :)

martynellison i think i need fans that big but dont know of any cases that have them :erm:

thanks for the replys anymore ideas would be wonderful.

i need as many ideas as possible considering it will bne the last case for this particular sysem thanks pitmasters

another idea is a/c in the room where your comp is sitting, as the cool air will bring the temps down.

the temps in my case before i threw the a/c in the window hovered around 47c, and i couldn't play games without it crashing to the desktop.

it's now around 42c at load 40c idle.

another idea is a/c in the room where your comp is sitting, as the cool air will bring the temps down.

the temps in my case before i threw the a/c in the window hovered around 47c, and i couldn't play games without it crashing to the desktop.

it's now around 42c at load 40c idle.

its keeping temps in the thirty's but just tired of it. i wish i could find a super cooling case or modification for existing case :)

it sits near the a/c duct and a fan. is there a case that can do this

how about buying a cheap case.... and doing the modifications that you require to it.. like i have... a gril on top (will mount a 80mm blowing out,) a hole on the side panel with 80mm mounted to blow on 9800xt(cos they get real hot. 60°C average), im putting 2 58mm holes on the front for air flow to my hdd. etc, bigger window for more fan holes, etc.

id love to show you... but im not done yet modding it... ill be done on the 23-24 of july.. maybe more like 28th-29th cos i wouldnt mind getting a new mobo as well. make it look flash :P (cos its when my exams finish) and ill prob post a couple of pics...

i think thats the best, rather than spending a fortune on the case, you can spend a fortune on the cooling for the case.

and yes i do know... things can go wrong when cutting holes... but plan what you are going to do, and take your time over it.. and you'll be a winner..

good luck anyways

dark :nuke:

nice idea dark :tup:

just thinking about cutting holes i remember i have a roto zip hmm ill start planning this a.s.a.p :)

i bought a new HSF for my prescott... then cut up the old heatsink with a hack-saw and used thermal paste to stick bits onto the GFX ram and random other bits on the mobo. not exatly the most professional way to do things but it worked a treat with some decent air cooling!!