Change Mode

Trojan Or Not?

Guest RichDiamante

Guest RichDiamante

Hi guys!! G_d bless our troops. I need some of your great advice again. I recently upgraded from Win 98 SE to Win 2000 Pro. I have a P 4 with 512 Ram. I did have a virus on this machine but had it clened by a professional over 2 weeks ago. Norton says I'm clean. Swat It says I'm clean. Spybot says clean. Everything is running well. I have Zone Alarm Pro. Here is the good part. Ad Aware says I have a Trojan in svchost.exe. It's the only program that says I have anything wrong. The idea of a hacker being able to take over my computer makes my skin crawl. Any help would be appreciated. Thank you.

Guest RichDiamante

Thanks for the reply Slammer. It doesn't say which one. I'll paste it here to show you. :5 [svchost.exe]

FilePath : C:\WINNT\system32\

ThreadCreationTime : 3-22-2003 4:20:53 PM

BasePriority : Normal

FileSize : 7 KB

FileVersion : 5.00.2134.1

ProductVersion : 5.00.2134.1

Copyright : Copyright © Microsoft Corp. 1981-1999

CompanyName : Microsoft Corporation

FileDescription : Generic Host Process for Win32 Services

InternalName : svchost.exe

OriginalFilename : svchost.exe

ProductName : Microsoft® Windows ® 2000 Operating System

Created on : 7/26/2000 5:00:00 PM

Last accessed : 3/22/2003 5:00:00 AM

Last modified : 7/26/2000 5:00:00 PM

Warning! Trojan object found in memory(svchost.exe). That's it. Have you ever seen[/b]anything like this? Thanks again. Richie. If you email me I can send you the whole report.

dont know if this will help but i was told i had a virus in that file as well turned out that id been to panda software for there free online scan and its virus definitions can be picked up by other virus programes dont know if uv been there but thats wot happened to me i had to delete the panda software theres a rite up about it on the avast forum about it at www.avast.com have a look hope it helps m8