Sign in to follow this  
Bengali

Kazaa 100% Cpu Load.

Tech Express http://www.pcpitstop.com/techexpress.asp?i...FEDLWZPU6USNXLX

Previously I have posted about my system locking up. As it turns out, I believe my Hard Drive was bad. Pulled it and it looked like it had been overheating (plastic was 'crinkling') New HD now and everything seems fine so far.

My problem now is that Kazaa will seem to eat up all my Processor. It only happens when kazaa is up. Sometimes when I close Kazaa, the problem resolves and I can reload it. Other times I must reset.

a few notes.

I have supernode off.

I am tending to believe that its the spyware/adware causing the problem, but have not yet found a way around it. I have tried a few programs to help with this problem, but ended up having to reinstall kazaa(and all the ad/spy ware)

I have tried to block the adware/spyware that was accessing the internet with Zone Alarm.

I have gone through task manager and end process such programs as GAIN, fsg_4104.exe, P2P, etc

Any ideas?

As always, thanks for your help!

Hey Bengali,

Are you using Kazaa-lite, No-spyware and much easier on resources. You can check out what they have to say and download here

Personnaly I use v.2.4.3 and am very happy with it.

Edited by HammerSlammer

Negative on Kazaalite.

I went ahead and uninstalled Kazaa, then ran ad-aware and got rid of everything it found. Ran a second time for good measure with no hits.

WinMX is now doing the same thing that Kazaa was.

Maybe this is another issue?

Which version of Zone alarm are you using? If using the new version this could be the cause of your problems. Uninstall and go back to the prior version. You still have spyware or something on that pc.

C:\Program Files\Common files\updmgr\updmgr.exe

Sorry not much more help as its been a long day,check out the virus,adware part of the pit forums and maybe the hijackthis part also :snooze:

I would reformat the OS partition and reinstall Windows 2000 if I were you. Make sure to copy some important files to at least another partition first.

Then, you at least shall not have to worry about a corrupted Windows installation (unless you have a hardware problem) and should be majorly faster.

Remember to make sure Service Pack 4 is installed or you have the Via miniport IDE driver installation program on another partition before reformatting the OS partition and reinstalling Windows 2000.

When you have file system corruption, you shall reformat the system partition and do a fresh reinstall of Windows, otherwise, Windows will start being slow and start crashing at least randomly. There's also

a high likelyhood eventually, Windows will fail to boot, likely because of Windows "eating itself away", corrupting itself, because of many things that can be cleared out by doing a fresh installation of Windows.

Edited by RJARRRPCGP

Hey Bengali,

Are you using Kazaa-lite, No-spyware and much easier on resources. You can check out what they have to say and download here

Personnaly I use v.2.4.3 and am very happy with it.

Hammerslammer why did you remove link?

Just want to know so I don't repeat same problem.

Hey Bengali,

Are you using Kazaa-lite, No-spyware and much easier on resources.  You can check out what they have to say and download here

Personnaly I use v.2.4.3  and am very happy with it.

The link probably got removed, because of the fact that there had been worries about Sharman Networks

taking legal action against anyone who has Kazaa Lite, because Sharman Networks claims that Kazaa Lite infringes on their copyright.

Hey Bengali,

Are you using Kazaa-lite, No-spyware and much easier on resources.  You can check out what they have to say and download here

Personnaly I use v.2.4.3  and am very happy with it.

The link probably got removed, because of the fact that there had been worries about Sharman Networks

taking legal action against anyone who has Kazaa Lite, because Sharman Networks claims that Kazaa Lite infringes on their copyright.

the link was removed because kazaa lite is hacked software....

pleez see forum rules :)

Why because P2P sucks, its direct from one person to the other so you have no idea what you are getting. There are a lot of vunlerabilities present when you run a P2P network, I mean why don't you just open a telnet server? Haha, If you are going to use any type of it use a better one like WinMx its spyware free, easy on resources and bit for the advanced users but its not hard to figure out. Kazaa is a horrible horrible program. With all my experiences with it I hated it everytime.

i think the best program to use supernova its a bit torrent site i find it alot better than kazaa or winmx and there is nothing like more sources or remotly qued

Edited by gpsimkin

the link was removed because kazaa lite is hacked software....

Why not? Technology is meant to be used....

OSalcido, doesnt mean its leagal.....

http://home.earthlink.net/~djmaleko/id17.html

http://www.technewsworld.com/story/32897.html

File sharing of copy-righted software or music is illegal!!

Making copies of your music CDs or DVDs and sharing or selling them with anyone is illegal.

Playing or displaying your CDs or DVDs in any public establishment without paying the proper fees is illegal.

Regardless of whether you agree or disagree with the law makes no difference, its ILLEGAL.

Its not a question of 'IF' you will get caught, but 'When' you get caught.

This forum does not allow any discussion regarding good programs for stealing copy righted material or illegal activities and I'm surprised that the mods or admins have not posted a warning thus far regarding this issue.

you can talk about it but you can't put a link to the pit, for the program thats why the link got toasted. and the one that started this thread hasn't said anything about any programs or such on kazaa, just that he is having problems.

Uninstall KaZaA. Get rid of the thing NOW! Then run Spybot, manually check your directories and registry, and make sure every trace of spyware has been removed from your computer.