Sign in to follow this  
jackpot316

What Antivirus Is Everyone Using?

Nod 32 for me....it so darn fast at everything it does...I'm amazed.

pc-cillin 04

I like it

What's that? Got it at the drug store ?

;)

Another user of free AVG(version 6.0.689). Seems to run good on my WINMe system. Program seems to not auto-clean some virus files but have had no difficulty figuring out how manualy.

I smell a software conflict!

I wonder why nobody has told me that using 2 firewalls at the same time is a bad idea.

Edited by brandon

I wonder why nobody has told me that using 2 firewalls at the same time is a bad idea.

It depends. :) I use two and have no problem. One is a software firewall and the other is a hardware firewall. ;)

It depends. :) I use two and have no problem. One is a software firewall and the other is a hardware firewall. ;)

Exactly ;)

LOL, :mrgreen: funny guy Brandon! :lol:

Just testing us, huh? :P

LOL,  :mrgreen:  funny guy Brandon! :lol:

Just testing us, huh? :P

Exactly.

I wanted to see how many people would question me.

Edit: Changed it again :P

Edited by brandon

Well, fool seems a bit harsh as well. Many do not know that running more than one software firewall and/or anti-virus program can cause more problems and conflicts.

Those with this knowledge hopefully will share it with those that don't, so that they can then help another as well. Where virus's are concerned, many start loading their rigs with as many AV's as they can if a virus has been detected, not realizing that more isn't better. ;)

You have just helped others by initiating and revealing these facts. Bravo. :)

AVG free on both my XP and ME when the keyboard gets changed anyway..

So, that's 2 more!

AVG 6 Free, and 2 firewalls all running at the same time.

I think you should pick one firewall you trust instead of using two. Maybe your two walls works ok besides each other, but most won't.

I hope someone will confirm this? I'm almost sure.

I think you should pick one firewall you trust instead of using two. Maybe your two walls works ok besides each other, but most won't.

I hope someone will confirm this? I'm almost sure.

Actually, I run 2 firewalls, but one is software (Sygate Personal Firewall Pro 5.5), and the other is a hardware firewall, which my router acts as.

Hmm,AVG.. I do not know why everyone likes it. It is not that great of a program at all. It does not have the technology to remove certain viruses that are commonly spread now. Ones that integrate themselves into other files like .ini . Its scanning methods are very bypassable by trojans and viruses take a look at the exploits found for it. AVG is free, and it may seem that you never ever get a virus once you get AVG. Do you know why? Because AVG does not even know they are there. I tested this, one of my friends up the road has AVG free version and their computer is all hijacked they have 100s of viruses just by looking at it. I ran a AVG scan and it found not one infected file. Yes it is updated. So I downloaded Stinger it cleaned up a lot,ad-aware,spybot and some online scans. The online scans found many,many viruses. AVG does not work. It is a terribly written program. You may think its free and great. But you should still be careful. Run a lot of online scans.

Have a nice day,

Logan :)

I,ve been usine eXtendia Antivirus AVK pro and am virus free . Once in a while i,ll use Trend Micros online free antivirus just too make sure. Nothings got in so far..

I have AVG anti-virus since I discovered it here at thePit. Just this afternoon as I was checking e-mail I opened one from a trusted friend that I have known for many years and voila!, up popped my AVG saying that it detected a variant of the Blaster Worm and to run the full virus test. Sure as heck, there the little #$%^&@! was hiding! Well we yanked out his teeth for sure! AVG located, moved it to the "virus vault" and I deleted the little rascal "muy pronto"!! Have also run several other scans since and all came up clean so I can testify that AVG works!! :woot: (Thanks Randy Rhoads!)

:mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen:

(Thanks Randy Rhoads!)

Yeah, where is he???

Haven't seen him lindalou, but I have him to thank for telling me about AVG anti-virus and Sygate Personal Firewall. Until AVG I was running McAfee on one comp and Norton Sys. Works on the other. Man what a pair of headaches!! AVG less system resources and great protection to boot! :woot: