Change Mode

Stop Supporting Ethnic Cleansing

moon

I can't help but think they are losing the long-term war.

It seems they know it, from the Israeli press. Unfortunately, their current policies and tunnel vision are helping to defeat us elsewhere, and not just in Iraq.

Posted Image

• Replies 364
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

moon,

Israel exists now, has a right to exist, will always exist, and as soon as she withdraws her troops from Palestine we can all concentrate on criminalising those that think otherwise.

While I don't agree perfectly with the above quote, I do enthusiastically support what I perceive to be its intent.

Where I diverge from your position is in my hope and belief that Israeli/Palestinian disputes will become increasingly less criminal and increasingly more civil in nature once Israel and Palestine are both recognised as independant states.

I

Once that's acheived, and the legal borders of both states are respected, the criminal elements on both sides will be visible and easier to prosecute. That's what got lost in the compression. :)

There is an important difference between the fighting though. Israel is a nation doing these acts in an organized way on orders of its government. The Palestinians who are blowing themselves up in Israel are not part of some Palestinian national army. They are pawns of a small group of extremists. Israel's actions against Palestinians only drives more hearts, minds, and pawns onto the side of those extremists. Even if Israel's actions yield tactical victories against individual terrorists--albeit with dozens of innocent Palestinians as collateral damage--I can't help but think they are losing the long-term war.

thank you dave!! I've been trying to say this for so damn long! We've got an organized, functioning government carrying out these acts and on the other side of the coin are a few madness driven nuts that want to blow themselves up. They are pawns. And the terrorists with bigger views (IE the destruction of all jews) will use this in their quest for such a goal. They will play the pawns.

But this is supposed to be the one gov't in all the mid east that is most sane, most complex because it follows some sort of democracy. Instead, they use their power and the excuse of the pawns to carry out crimes of which many are BLIND TO. Someone mentioned Palestinian suicide bombers blowing up kids..... well have you ever thought that the Israeli Gov't blows up kids too? Or wait.... they are possible terrorists, and its better to blow them up now rather than risk it.

Genocide is eradication of a whole race. While a few nutjobs in Palestine want to destroy all jews, they are in the few (those who truely believe..... not the pawns) But the whole Israeli gov't is doing what they can to eradicate Palestinians slowly with covered up plans. They aren't going to flat out say "We need all Palestinians dead" but their actions are enough to show that they really don't want ANY, even peaceful, in Israel. They already are trying to do the thing where israeli can't marry a palestinian. Hmmmmmmmmmm. Remember how the US had this bad view on African americans marrying white people? All racist and disgusting to me.

Again... US won't do nothing because of Israeli's weight in US politics and even economy! Behind Canada, Israel holds second most foreign nation stocks in the Nasdaq and Dow Jones. They have 60 some odd stocks available. You can't lose those stocks, they generate money. And if people here haven't realized yet, America is money hungry. We sold our souls numerous times for a few bucks(america collectively, not people, even though some have as well). And don't even get me started on how AIPAC has huge influence on US Politics.... Hell Israel wanted Gore in office. From what I know, they generally tend to prefer democrats over republicans, but Bush has been trying his damn best to impress Sharon and his empire. Ya know, get their approval rating so that his campaign has a few more million dollars in its funds.

GB, I understand you point of view, how the Palestinian's are being represented by few radicals and Israel is an entire nation...maybe you can refresh me on your opinion on the USA marching into Afghanistan and killing thousands (I'm sure they aren't all guilty, there were at least 4 innocent people killed that I know of...and those are just the American allies killed by Americans). I will make a general post to those that support this war in Israel but not the one in Afghanistan, or vice versa... It is really no different, Afghanistan was represented by a group of individuals that flew planes into buildings killing thousands of innocent people; and America reacted by sending thousands of troops overseas in doing so many innocent peopl have lost their lives. So (not directed only too GB) how can you justify the killing of thousands by your nation and not by Israel?

I'd like someone that doesn't agree with that statement to enlighten me.

Geez, I hate trying to cover more than one point in a post.

how the Palestinian's are being represented by few radicals and Israel is an entire nation..

That's not the case. The present policies of the current Israeli government are not reflective of the majority of Israeli's, according to the Israeli press which reports on polls. The majority of Israeli's want to quit Palestine.

Iain and John, without going into the legalities in depth, the numerous UN resolutions demanding that Israel withdraws quote, I think, the borders existing prior to 1967. As this is the legal UN definition any other claims to territory are illegal.

Edited by moon

Moon,

I assume when you say Ian you are addressing me (Iain).

In any case, if I understand you rightly, I couldn't agree more. The '67 borders offer the best hope for a decent resolution to a very difficult dispute, honestly held by both parties.

I

Israel is a nation doing these acts in an organised way on orders of its government

come back adolf ...all is forgiven

Following a brutal governments orders does not strike me as any more justification than being a terrorist ...? The result is pretty much the same if you on the receiving end...... Edited by Tankus

The Rafah atrocity.

Soaring civilian casualties sowed early doubts, particularly after a tank lobbed a shell into a crowd of demonstrators killing at least 10. The army tried to shift responsibility by claiming that there were armed men in the crowd who threatened its troops.

Israel's ambassador to the UN, Dan Gillerman, falsely told the security council that, of the dead, "four to five were armed terrorists". The army now says there was one gunman among the dead but officials say even that is in doubt.

The military's defence that it had fired four tank shells to disperse the crowd only added to questions about its actions. The Israelis were furious with the Irish ambassador, speaking on behalf of the EU, for describing the firing of the tank shells as "reckless endangerment".

http://www.guardian.co.uk/israel/Story/0,2...1224699,00.html

Burp.

Zion, argue, disqualify, refute, counterclaim, start your own 'Support Ethnic Cleansing ' thread, but please don't blow raspberries.  :rolleyes:

I don't blow anything except the truth, some people just don't like the way the truth sounds.

Like I said before, you haven't been there, so if you're so concerned about the poor little Palestinians, the put your money where your mouth is and go over there and do something about it. If you aren't fighting against the problem, you're part of the problem. Right now you're just preaching propaganda, and by sitting idle, you're serving to aid those whom you comdemn.

Edited by Z10N

It's time that all civilised countries ceased trading with Israel until the assassin, Sharon, ceases ethnic cleansing in Palestine and Israel. The political opposition to Sharon within Israel itself should be encouraged.

Israeli Chief of Staff Lt Gen Moshe Yaalon told an Israeli cabinet meeting that hundreds of Palestinian houses had been targeted for demolition.

UN relief officials estimate that Israel has destroyed more than 80 buildings in the Rafah refugee camp during the past few days, leaving about 1,100 Palestinians homeless.

There has been widespread international condemnation of the demolitions, described by the Palestinian cabinet as tantamount to "ethnic cleansing".

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/middle_ea...ast/3720121.stm

Israel Peace Rally

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/in_pictures/3718595.stm

Posted Image

Israelis call for Gaza withdrawal

Polls show 70% of Israelis back a pullout from Gaza

More than 100,000 Israelis have attended a rally calling for an Israeli withdrawal from the Gaza Strip.

Posted Image

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/middle_ea...ast/3718329.stm

Man read the bible if you have one ??? Anti-Sematic !!!