Change Mode

Stop Supporting Ethnic Cleansing

moon

Exactly on topic for this thread, Z10N, that's the perfect definition of ethnic cleansing. Finally someone defines the term in practical words. Those stinky old Palestinians weren't doing anything useful with the land, so who cares if we boot them out?

I can't understand why the Arab world hates us...

No, I never said boot them out, I said "if they weren't there," what would the situation be like.

If you notice I also presented a situation where the Jews were not present in the region, but you said nothing about that, odd huh?

• Replies 364
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Exactly on topic for this thread, Z10N, that's the perfect definition of ethnic cleansing. Finally someone defines the term in practical words. Those stinky old Palestinians weren't doing anything useful with the land, so who cares if we boot them out?

I can't understand why the Arab world hates us...

there is a reason the post started with "hypothetical"

Guest fragged one

israel does not deserve our money or goodwill...just as the palestinian people don't.

these are just two toddlers fighting over a blue's clue's book...it's pathetic.

israel does not deserve our money or goodwill...just as the palestinian people don't.

The ONLY reason Israel receives U.S. aid is to thwart the invasion of Israel from every Arab nation. As long as Israel has Nukes and U.S./British support, they are relatively safe, thus it is IMPARITIVE to Wester intrests that Arab nations don't stockpile nuclear weapons.

As a bonus, we receives vital intelligence concerning the region.

to bad that intelligence wasnt right when we needed it most  :blank:

True, but consider how many times the intelligence WAS correct, and an attack was stopped, the public doesn't hear about those. Edited by Z10N

Guest fragged one

The ONLY reason Israel receives U.S. aid is to thwart the invasion of Israel from every Arab nation. As long as Israel has Nukes and U.S./British support, they are relatively safe, thus it is IMPARITIVE to Wester intrests that Arab nations don't stockpile nuclear weapons.

As a bonus, we receives vital intelligence concerning the region.

no, i compltely disagree.

until israel can act like a democratic country, and not a toddler, they don't deserve anything. it may serve them well to have another invasion without foreign support. maybe they'll learn...

and for the record, israel would probably do just fine by itself if invaded, given the fact that we've given them most of our technology and how powerful their armed forces are.

we've been babysitting them for 60 years now...enough is enough.

If we didn't support Israel, Jew's would be endangered species, and extinct in the region.

You're right, Israel could easily hold it's own in a mass invasion (against the Arab nations), of course 50,000,000 would probably die in the process. But it likely wouldn't be JUST the Arab nations, more than likely everyone from China to Russia to Zaire would jump on the band wagon, because if Israel falls, guess who's next?

Funny (not really thought) how the Bible predicts ALL of this.

Edited by Z10N

50,000,000? That would be a lot of dead

Yes, as horrific as 9/11 was, and our losses in this war on terror are, I'll take them anyday over the total decimation of a sub-continent and it's inhabitants.

Guest fragged one

Funny (not really thought) how the Bible predicts ALL of this.

so why are you trying to prevent the inevitable, if that is so?

seems to me that we're just getting in god's way, then. we should REALLY back out, now. don't want to be on god's bad side...

seems to me that we're just getting in god's way, then.  we should REALLY back out, now.  don't want to be on god's bad side...

Because it predicts that those who support Israel in the darkest of times will reap God's blessing.

Let's stay away from the religious aspects of this, I just wanted people to give a second of thought to this fact as the discussion progresses.

Edited by Z10N

Guest fragged one

seems to me that we're just getting in god's way, then.  we should REALLY back out, now.  don't want to be on god's bad side...

Because it predicts that those who support Israel in the darkest of times will reap God's blessing.

Let's stay away from the religious aspects of this, I just wanted people to give a second of thought to this fact as the discussion progresses.

yeah, i was being facetious, obviously...

i stick to what i said earlier...we shouldn't be giving an allowance to misbehaving toddlers.

i stick to what i said earlier...we shouldn't be giving an allowance to misbehaving toddlers.

I guess it's the lesser of two evils.

Guest fragged one

I guess it's the lesser of two evils.
yup. to aid them in their childish actions, or to not aid them and let them learn a few things...

i agree. to not support them is the lesser of the two 'evils'.

Guest fragged one

To not support Israel would bring about the death of millions, and nuclear fallout in the region which would effect the entire planet, so how is that the LESSER of two evils? :blink:

damned if we do, damned if we don't.

i'd rather have clean hands in the matter.

It must come as a shock to 'pro-Israel' people that 70% of Israelis want to withdraw from Palestine. Being 'pro-Israel' is all very well for these people when being 'pro-Israel' means occupying Palestine and killing Arabs but they are out of phase with what the Israelis themselves want.

The carnage in Gaza, and its illegal occupation, is as a result of the will of the Israeli hard-Right, who appear to number 30%, or less, of the Israeli population. 70% of Israelis want their troops withdrawn. So, when you say that you are 'pro-Israel' why not say that you are 'pro-Israeli hard-Right' instead. ? Then the rest of us who sympathise with the great majority of Israelis can use the term 'pro-Israel' to mean that we are in agreement with what the great majority of peaceful Israelis want.

Edited by moon

It must come as a shock to 'pro-Israel' people that 70% of Israelis want to withdraw from Palestine. Being 'pro-Israel' is all very well for these people when being 'pro-Israel' means occupying Palestine and killing Arabs but they are out of phase with what the Israelis themselves want.

The carnage in Gaza, and its illegal occupation, is as a result of the will of the Israeli hard-Right, who appear to number 30%, or less, of the Israeli population. 70% of Israelis want their troops withdrawn. So, when you say that you are 'pro-Israel' why not say that you are 'pro-Israeli hard-Right' instead. ? Then the rest of us who sympathise with the great majority of Israelis can use the term 'pro-Israel' to mean that we are in agreement with what the great majority of peaceful Israelis want.

Very well put moon...... its true...

I just want some-damn-thing to work. People constantly dying is just getting annoying. Something needs to be done, and now.

Wow we have alot of hypocrites here.

I am sure alot of folks were PO'ed when the 9/11 attacks happened, wanted revenge on those responsible. So did President Bush, so a coalition group led by the USA marched into Afghanistan murdering terrorist suspects. Yay! for the good guys so far. Here we have a similar situation in terms of terrorism, Palestinians are blowing up explosives in crowed markets, in busses....anywhere busy. Yet when Israel does anything to go stop these attacks Israel is seen as the bad guys.

I guess it is ok if terrorism happens to other people though, as long as it does not happen to us...right :rolleyes:

I response to an earlier post, I'm not Jewish and Israel has my support.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/middle_ea...ast/3723375.stm

So does most of the world's press.  70% of Israelis probably agree with them.

You've got to stop quoting that "70% of Israeli's" bit. That article said nothing about the number of persons polled, or their demographic, no other reference is given. The U.S. media is always throwing out statistics and polls to influence viewers one way or the other, this is just the same. That article is obviously heavely biased towards the Palastinians since the author makes no effort to express the opposite side of the story.

Funny how there was no mention of how these "hot spots" such as Gaza are largely inhabited by known terrorist organizations and their followers.

As I eluded to before, don't believe the hype.

Edited by Z10N

Wow we have alot of hypocrites here.

I am sure alot of folks were PO'ed when the 9/11 attacks happened, wanted revenge on those responsible. So did President Bush, so a coalition group led by the USA marched into Afghanistan murdering terrorist suspects. Yay! for the good guys so far. Here we have a similar situation in terms of terrorism, Palestinians are blowing up explosives in crowed markets, in busses....anywhere busy. Yet when Israel does anything to go stop these attacks Israel is seen as the bad guys.

I guess it is ok if terrorism happens to other people though, as long as it does not happen to us...right :rolleyes:

I response to an earlier post, I'm not Jewish and Israel has my support.

That isn't the half of it!

Imagine if some portion of an ethnic group within America was carrying out daily acts of murder and terrorism against the government or any other group of Americans, how do you think we'd respond?

The U.S. would deport or excute every perpetratior without blinking an eye.

The Palastinian people are governed (if you could call it that) by officials who are supported by other Arab nations who's number one goal in their lifetime is to exterminate the Hebrew people, I am awe-struck by the level of patience and humanity displayed by Israel.