Change Mode

Stop Supporting Ethnic Cleansing

moon

Moon, you really must find a new term other than "ethnic cleansing" or "genocide," it's just isn't accurate to say this.

Zion, I agree with the Israeli Justice minister;

"I said that if we carry on like this, we will be expelled from the United Nations and those responsible will stand trial at The Hague," Mr Lapid told Israel radio, describing his argument in cabinet.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/middle_ea...ast/3740649.stm

You probably avoided looking at the other links in http://pcpitstop.ibforums.com/index.php?ac...ST&f=11&t=52425 ]this thread[/url]

You should take a look and understand why I use those terms.

• Replies 364
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Moon, debate 101, for a debate to be at all successful, each party must cross examine the other parties arguments, then offer up their own relivant evidence. You're just going with the "no, nuh-uhh," argument then throwing out catchy words like "ethnic cleansing" and "genocide," with a few HEAVILY BIASED links supporting you Anti-Semitic ideology. Thus far you havent been able, nor have you made an attempt to counter the vast majority of my fact- based arguments, hence you must concur.

Zion, I agree with the Israeli Justice minister;

"I said that if we carry on like this, we will be expelled from the United Nations and those responsible will stand trial at The Hague," Mr Lapid told Israel radio, describing his argument in cabinet.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/middle_ea...ast/3740649.stm

You probably avoided looking at the other links in http://pcpitstop.ibforums.com/index.php?ac...ST&f=11&t=52425 ]this thread[/url]

You should take a look and understand why I use those terms.

Anyone can throw around catch phrases, it doesn't make them true. They're just manipulated throughout the media to stir the public pot.

As for your Anti-Semitic links, they don't mean much of anything comming from such a heavily biased source, I can post links that "prove" the existance of aliens on this planet, or that the Holocaust never really happened, but they come from such heavily biased and close minded sources that they hold no merit, your links are in the same classification of "bias propaganda."

I'd like to see everyone elses opinion on the matter given the definitions of "ethnic cleansing" and "genocide" do not match Israel's actions.

Edited by Z10N

Guest Hurdy

Anyone can throw around catch phrases, it doesn't make them true

Anti-Semitic

You're the one doing it old chap.

If you look back through this thread you'll find plenty of evidence to support the topic title and also plenty to indicate that I am not anti-semitic. What you wont find is any evidence from yourself. Lots of personal opinion, but no evidence whatsoever.

Palestinians by definition do not have a homeland. Palatinians do not have their own nation, they are borrowing land GIVEN IN GRACE to them by Israel, it is quite impossible to have an invader in your country, let alone homeland when you have neither.

As far as the history of the region goes, when did Israel become the Jewish 'homeland'? Are we talking biblical times or are we talking about the events of the 20th century?

If the Palestinians did not have a 'homeland', who was living in Palestine before the creation of modern Israel? Were these not 'Palestinians'?

If you look back through this thread you'll find plenty of evidence to support the topic title and also plenty to indicate that I am not anti-semitic. What you wont find is any evidence from yourself. Lots of personal opinion, but no evidence whatsoever.

Umm, yea, except for the countless references to unrefuted historical fact, guess those don't count. :rolleyes:

Jammin, john 44 supplied this link to clarify that the official Palestinian leadership accepts Israel's right to exist .

http://www.us-israel.org/jsource/Peace/revoke.html

It's only by relying on proven truths that third parties can engage in any meaningful debate on the issue. Claims that Palestinians want Israel destroyed are false. They want their homeland free of invaders, as you would, and the United Nations has resolved that Israel should return to her pre-1967 borders. Only the illegal settlers and the hard Right-wing of Israeli politics ( and their overseas supporters) prevents it.

Palestinian leaders do

Palestinian terrorists certainly do not! I have already provided links about that.

My point is that none of the Palestinian terrorists will stop the bombing no matter what. I am making a very clear distiction between Palestinians and Palestinian terrorists like Hamas.

Palestinian leaders do

Palestinian terrorists certainly do not! I have already provided links about that.

My point is that none of the Palestinian terrorists will stop the bombing no matter what. I am making a very clear distiction between Palestinians and Palestinian terrorists like Hamas.

It sadly appears that many others can not make that distinction. :mrsgreen:

I agree that the bombing will carry on. We see evidence of that in Northern Ireland. Despite the peace process, some groups seem unable to embrace the future and want to keep their feet firmly in the violent past.

Jammin, Jewishness is a faith, not a race. There are Jews worldwide, bless'em. The Allies established a homeland for survivors of the holocaust after WW2. The Arabs weren't too keen as it was their homeland that it was established on. HOWEVER, they learned to live with it, up to a point. Those that complained were expelled from the area. ( This is factual history. I'll provide credible support if I'm pressed) All of these holocaust survivors were not Jews. Many ethnic and religious factions were persecuted by the Nazis. Israel is not comprised of Jews alone. Israel has many Arab citizens.

Edit; Yes, 'rock, Hamas and their ilk are a pain in the butt. Don't forget though that Israel has its equivalents. If the UN resolutions were implemented we could all focus upon these extremists. Unfortunately, America prevents it.

( This is conjecture; ) Why ? We're back to the seediness of 'laundered democracy'. Businessmen in America see big bucks in the Middle East. Right down to the nitty-gritty, someone is making huge profits out of this conflict. Furthermore, they are using your tax dollars on the way.

Edited by moon

As far as the history of the region goes, when did Israel become the Jewish 'homeland'? Are we talking biblical times or are we talking about the events of the 20th century?

If the Palestinians did not have a 'homeland', who was living in Palestine before the creation of modern Israel? Were these not 'Palestinians'?

Originally the land was settled by the Canaanites (the Hewbrew people), and this was all very early in the Biblical timeline, this land became the Kingdom of Judea and then Israel. (this is obviously a very condensed version). After the Diaspora, Israel was free reighn forChristian and Mostly Muslim conquerors. The name Palestine came to be after many Palastinians (etymology means "nomad, wanderer, one without a homeland"), were kicked out of other Arab nations for "civil unrest." Israel was a Jewish homeland long before the term "Palastine" even existed.

Jammin, Jewishness is a faith, not a race. There are Jews worldwide, bless'em. The Allies established a homeland for survivors of the holocaust after WW2. The Arabs weren't too keen as it was their homeland that it was established on. HOWEVER, they learned to live with it, up to a point. Those that complained were expelled from the area. ( This is factual history. I'll provide credible support if I'm pressed) All of these holocaust survivors were not Jews. Many ethnic and religious factions were persecuted by the Nazis. Israel is not comprised of Jews alone. Israel has many Arab citizens.

Oh really, I do not practice Judaism, yet I am still a Jew. How do you explain this, expert of anthropology?

Judaism is a faith, Jew or Hebrew are a people.

There are many Hebrews who are not Jewish, and many Jew's who are not Hebrew.

In modern times "Jew" has come to mean " member of the Semitic race, and a roligious follower of Judaism."

Israel was a Jewish homeland long before the term "Palastine" even existed.

anyone care to counter this point with some factual disclaimer?

1186 C.E. is the furthest I can find a reference to "Palestine." Edited by Z10N

Zion, you split hairs because countries tend to be occupied by races of people, not adherents to a particular religion. It's an argument not worth following as all, except extremists, are agreed that Israel has a right to exist.

Edit;

How do you explain this, expert of anthropology?

It was proven to me in a thread by somebody at the Pit. Prior to that I'd have agreed with you. Edited by moon

http://www.palestinehistory.com/palst.htm

1125 BC : The Israelites, a confederation of Hebrew tribes, finally defeated the Canaanites but found the struggle with the Philistines more difficult . Philistines had established an independent state on the southern coast of Palestine and controlled the Canaanite town of Jerusalem.

Is this correct?

I thought the Canaanites came frm Persia (Iran)

edit:Iran not Iraq

Edited by John 44

Can you not read? I clearly stated " with NO Jews in the world," that includes ALL of Jewry and it's various ethnic divisions.

You where talking about the Israeli Jews and the Palistinians wanting to destroy Israel.. i'm asking you if the Palistinians will leave Gaza/Palistine and go to Africa and kill those Jews as well...

That attack was uncalled for Intra....watch your temper ....Jacee

Edited by Jacee

That attack was uncalled for Intra....watch your temper ....Jacee

Bloody hell!!

What about his post?

Maybe I should just imply that he's stupid next time?

Thanks for letting me know Jaycee... next time I won't say it out, i'll just imply it. ;)

Way to take this otherwise interesting topic off on an irrelevant tangent. :oreo:

I posted personal experience and commentary, you posted inflammatory garbage, again... :choco:

Back to the discussion now please.

My post was not inflammatory, simply stating my opinion how ever subversively that I think you are full of hot air

The name Palestine came to be after many Palastinians (etymology means "nomad, wanderer, one without a homeland"), were kicked out of other Arab nations for "civil unrest." Israel was a Jewish homeland long before the term "Palastine" even existed.

Palestine (Filasteen ÝáÓØíä) has been the Arabic name of the region since the earliest medieval Arab geographers (adopted from the then-current Greek term Palaistina, first used by Herodotus), and "Palestinian" (Filasteeni ÝáÓØÓíäí) was always a common nisba adopted by natives of the region, starting as early as the first century after the Hijra (eg `Abdallah b. Muhayriz al-Jumahi al-Filastini[9], an ascetic who died in the early 700's.) However, the Palestinians, like most Arab nationalities, have come to view themselves as primarily Palestinians (rather than as primarily Arabs, or Syrians, or denizens of a particular town) mostly in the past century. Whereas European and to a lesser extent Ottoman colonialism was the main spur in forming national identities and borders elsewhere, the main force in reaction to which Palestinian nationalism developed was Zionism. One of the earliest Palestinian newspapers, Filastin founded in Jaffa in 1911 by Issa al-Issa, addressed its readers as "Palestinians"[10].

The word "Palestinian" is occasionally used by ethnographers and linguists to denote the specific Arab subculture of the southern Levant; in that sense, it includes not only most of the Arabs of British Mandate Palestine, but also the settled inhabitants of Jordan and the Druze, while excluding both Bedouin (who culturally and linguistically group with Arabia) and ethnic minorities such as the Dom and Samaritans

http://www.wordiq.com/definition/Palestinians

Edited by Intratech

Volt

Please close this thread - I think the views are so entrenched it's a waste of space. More than that, it has become vitriolic. There is no debate, just too many entrenched views, point-scoring and, in some cases, personal and highly sarcastic comments beingh flung around. It serves no purpose anymore, other than to inflame.

I have to say, however, that some act with admirable restaint - especially Moon.

TracyLynn - thanks for your feedback here

Paul

Volt

Please close this thread - I think the views are so entrenched it's a waste of space. More than that, it has become vitriolic. There is no debate, just too many entrenched views, point-scoring and, in some cases, personal and highly sarcastic comments beingh flung around. It serves no purpose anymore, other than to inflame.

I have to say, however, that some act with admirable restaint - especially Moon.

TracyLynn - thanks for your feedback here

Paul

I have seen post that have offended me, but I don't ask for them to be closed. :blink: