Change Mode

Stop Supporting Ethnic Cleansing

moon

It's time that all civilised countries ceased trading with Israel until the assassin, Sharon, ceases ethnic cleansing in Palestine and Israel. The political opposition to Sharon within Israel itself should be encouraged.

Israeli Chief of Staff Lt Gen Moshe Yaalon told an Israeli cabinet meeting that hundreds of Palestinian houses had been targeted for demolition.

UN relief officials estimate that Israel has destroyed more than 80 buildings in the Rafah refugee camp during the past few days, leaving about 1,100 Palestinians homeless.

There has been widespread international condemnation of the demolitions, described by the Palestinian cabinet as tantamount to "ethnic cleansing".

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/middle_ea...ast/3720121.stm

Israel Peace Rally

Tens of thousands of Israelis packed into Rabin Square in Tel Aviv in one of the biggest demonstrations in recent years.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/in_pictures/3718595.stm

Posted Image

Israelis call for Gaza withdrawal

Polls show 70% of Israelis back a pullout from Gaza

More than 100,000 Israelis have attended a rally calling for an Israeli withdrawal from the Gaza Strip.

Posted Image

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/middle_ea...ast/3718329.stm

• Replies 364
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Hurdy

UN relief officials estimate that Israel has destroyed more than 80 buildings in the Rafah refugee camp during the past few days, leaving about 1,100 Palestinians homeless.

Absolutely outrageous.

If the Israelis themselves want to leave Gaza then just who is it that American pro-Israelis are supporting ?

Polls show 70% of Israelis back a pullout from Gaza

Edited by moon

who knows, Ive never really met a non-jew that was "pro-israel". Now when I say that I dont mean that they think the country shouldnt be there, more that they dont really "care". I dont think there is a whole lot of support for any country in the US other then itself and maybe the UK.

who knows, Ive never really met a non-jew that was "pro-israel".  Now when I say that I dont mean that they think the country shouldnt be there, more that they dont really "care".  I dont think there is a whole lot of support for any country in the US other then itself and maybe the UK.

I am perhaps not so much "pro Israel", but I am definately not "pro Hisbolla"

Well the peace rallys a sign of some hope there ......I guess

I'm not to sure that a trade ban would work . unless the US was behind it , that looks unlikely , plus Israel has a significant indigenous arms industry built up since the 60's .Possibly its in a stronger position than it used to be ( maybe that why they are flexing their muscles)..... It strikes me that the country would be a very efficient sanction buster .

Hopefully Sharon will get nobbled by the upcoming corruption court cases , and someone with a bit more humanity will get elected ...

The Israeli army has relaunched a major offensive in the southern Gaza Strip, sealing off a refugee camp and causing panic among its Palestinian residents.

Thousands of people had been fleeing Rafah camp, until the army bulldozers broke up the road on Monday morning.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/middle_ea...ast/3720121.stm

Why does America veto resolutions to stop this ?

In the article

Israel plans to widen a buffer zone between the camp and Gaza's border after five soldiers were killed there by an anti-tank bomb last week.

Israel's Supreme Court lifted a temporary injunction on Sunday that banned the military from destroying any more homes in Gaza, saying the army was entitled to act in self-defence.

The army says buildings slated for demolition are used to launch attacks by Palestinian militants, who also smuggle weapons through tunnels under the border.

While there are definite issues here, they are not just randomly removing innocent people from there homes because they feel like it.

Why is it that the buffer zone has to come out of the Palestinian territory? This is the same reasoning that has allowed "buffer zones" around the Israeli settlements in Gaza and the West Bank. So they take a big chunk of Palestinan land, then wipe out the Palestinian settlements nearby to protect themselves. It seems like Israel can do anything they want to the Palestinians in the name of Israeli security, short of lining them up and shooting them all at once.

I feel sorry for civilians in both countries having to live in these sort of conditions for years. Never knowing who is gonna blow them up or what retaliation is going to happen next. They have had to live this way for years and it would seem from the peace demonstrations that people are wanting some kind of peaceful solution to this mess, they are tired of living in constant fear. They have my sympathy and makes me appreciate what a peaceful existance I am allowed to live in my own country.

I hope there is some kind of resolution to all this soon for the sake of the people.

Why is it that the buffer zone has to come out of the Palestinian territory?

This might be part of the reason

The army says buildings slated for demolition are used to launch attacks by Palestinian militants, who also smuggle weapons through tunnels under the border.

Edited by hftmrock

Polls don't get more "P.C." than that, of course Israel is going to release polls that state such in hopes of stopping some of the MURDER occuring against it's citizens. Imagine the opposite, if Israel released a poll stating that 70% were in favor of the "occupation," we'd just see more innocent lives lost.

You are all drawing way too many conclusions from the media's various biases. Watching the news about the situation in Israel and trying to construct an informed opinion, is just like forigners who draw conclusions about American lifestyles by watching Hollywood films.

Israel is a TINY nation defending itself from global terrorism on a daily basis, some of their actions are less than noble, but I'd say they've kept a VERY cool hand considering they are starring extermination in the face and they have nuclear weapons.

Most Jews DO support Israel because it's our blood, it's like family you back them no matter what. If Jews don't stand up for Israel, then no one will, last few times this has happened Jews were the recipients of mass Genocide.

Those of you with such strong opinions on Israel should perhaps go there to see the situation for yourselves. I have been many times, and will continue to go, and the true Israel is nothing like what you see on TV. Basically everyone gets alone and has respect for their neighbor's cultural, religious, and racial differences. Then there is the VERY SMALL percentage of people who's aim is to derail the entire peace process, there are a few of these people who are Jews, however the OVERWHELMING majority are militant Arabs.

No part of Israel belongs to the Palastinians, Israel has graciously GIVEN some of it's own land to the Palastinian movement in sympathy for their cause to start a new nation, since Palastine is NOT a nation, it does need to be governed and policed, hence the "occupation." Until Palastine can learn to CONTROL themselves and become a contributing member of global society, they deserve to be treated like unruley adolesents that they are.

Edited by Z10N

It has been ugly since 1947 and will get more ugly as time passes and more excuses are found to do murder. Just remember ----this is all made possible by plenty of US dollars and military hardware---you can claim innocence by checking the little box on your income tax return.

:angry::angry::(:(

It has been ugly since 1947 and will get more ugly as time passes and more excuses are found to do murder. Just remember ----this is all made possible by plenty of US dollars and military hardware---you can claim innocence by checking the little box on your income tax return.

didnt realize it was military hardware strapped to peoples backs when they blow up a bus

The history of this is MUCH older than 1947, beforethe mass Exodus of Jews to Israel post WWII, the Palastinians were still committing gross acts of terrorism throughout the region, first it was against their own Arab neighbors, then the British, and finally everybody's favorite people to kill, the Jews.

Hypothetical situation...

Remove the Jews from Israel, the land goes barren as it was before, civil unrest and terrorism run rampant, the target would change, but the actions would remain the same.

or...

Remove the Palastinians from Israel, Israel then prospers more than ever before, experiences peace (relatively speaking).

Either way the question still remains, what to do with the Palastinian militants. This is the reason that no other nation will harbor there people, they were already kicked out of numerous Arab countries for their civil unrest; so they were herded into what was then Palastine. If the Jews or Israel weren't in the global picture, the world would still be experiencing these problems.

And it doesn't help that Arabs in general (or at least their governments) HATE Jews and Christians. It is for this reason, and this reason ALONE that America, Israel and any other nation supporting America or Israel are sought out for target for terrorism.

Edited by Z10N

Remove the Palastinians from Israel, Israel then prospers more than ever before, experiences peace (relatively speaking).

Exactly on topic for this thread, Z10N, that's the perfect definition of ethnic cleansing. Finally someone defines the term in practical words. Those stinky old Palestinians weren't doing anything useful with the land, so who cares if we boot them out?

I can't understand why the Arab world hates us...

I think simplistic and largely uninformed comments serve no one's best interest. I am not jewish, but I support Israel generally.

Israel has been repeatdly attacked by surrounding arab nations who vastly outnumber them with the explicit intention of exterminating each and every jewish person, no exceptions.

There are practical reasons of survival behind every move they make, IMO.