Sign in to follow this  
Guest Deuces Wild

Just Curious

fist off berg wasnt a soldier.if you hate this country move

Yes, I don't like the way things are going around here. Instead of voting for a President other than the dumb ape we have now into office to help the situation, I'll just get the hell outta here. :rolleyes:

Liberal here for the most part. Like others have said I don't like labels, but this is where most of my beliefs tend to fall.

Well put Bruce. We should make you a moderator

No thanks, been there done that. I will however speak up when I can, as a forum member it is in my interest to see things go smoothly. :tup:

Edited by Bruce

Unacceptable comment. Uncalled for and out of line. Not to mention it goes against the very principles this great country was founded on. The right to express disagreement with our government, and attempt to change our government. Comments and attitudes like that are a huge part of the very problems we have in this country today. They will serve to defeat America's greatness quicker then any other idealogy ever could.

Right on Bruce. I get so sick of seeing that typed on here.. if you don't like it get out. One of the most asinine things I see posted here.

Guest fragged one

Unacceptable comment. Uncalled for and out of line. Not to mention it goes against the very principles this great country was founded on. The right to express disagreement with our government, and attempt to change our government. Comments and attitudes like that are a huge part of the very problems we have in this country today. They will serve to defeat America's greatness quicker then any other idealogy ever could.

Right on Bruce. I get so sick of seeing that typed on here.. if you don't like it get out. One of the most asinine things I see posted here.
that's funny, imo, because i can recall that being typed here about the forum before...

Name calling is unacceptable. Telling people that they should leave their inappropriate. But none of that should give license to people making snide comments to fan the flames of anger

Jake-This has got to be atleast the 3rd time I've seen mods speak to you...

Chill out man, take a breather, then proceed to posting.

Fragged thats the first time you ever saw people say if you don't like how things are here in this country get out? I've saw it typed here quite a bit. It's a standard answer usually if anyone questions the government or who runs it or has a differing opinion about anything to do with the US. You either get a label or told to get out :lol:

come on i've seen worst that posted here

I've been gone all day, so this is the first I've seen what was posted since my most recent post before I left. Anyway, I appreciate the comment you made Bruce, and I completely agree. We all have the right to express our opinions on any subject freely. My point wasn't to oppose anyone else's opinion, it was simply to share my own. t.rex1972, I apologize for calling you an idiot earlier, I was just upset because you misunderstood my point. Also, I'll be staying in my home country for a good while, even if I do have to live under the shadow of one's ideals that which I'm not too comfortable. It wouldn't make a difference where I am at this point, because everyone is going to be affected by this war, and each side is just as guilty as the other. My point wasn't to state that this is a bad country, it was to state that this war is fruitless, and in the outcome we'll be right back where we started, waiting for the inevitable which is to say the next misguided fool who tosses the first stone. We might temporarily cease terrorism, at the cost of too many lives, and too many resources wasted, but when it returns it will be far greater than this. People are evil, and nothing is going to change that.

Edited by Jakeofalltrades

I don't like labels. I'll vote for whoever I think will do the most for the welfare of our country and its people. Anyone else can just retire... :P -kd5-

That's just how people should see it kd5. You vote for whoever 'you' think would be the most benificial leader for our country, and anyone else's opinion shouldn't influence yours. We need diversity to have balance. (I'm really starting to get sick of smacking these fruit flies on my monitor! lol)

you cant vote in Canada? are you out of the country right now?

:rolleyes: Well actually I am out of my home country (USA), and in Canada. Either way, I can't vote. Maybe it's not such a bad thing though. Voting is a good thing, but the amount of stress placed on it, and all the ill feelings people get about each other, does seem to be a burden that I don't think I would want to accept. When I was fresh out of high school, well I would have like to have voted, but now.....guess I've seen too much.

I suppose I'm a liberal in the way the term is defined. I vote for the Liberal Democrats most of the time. I know the term is used differently over there compared to here.

The funny thing is that in the UK the Liberal party used to sit between the Tories and Labour (right and left wing respectively) The way 'New' Labour has shifted towards the centre, The Liberals are now further to the left of the political spectrum.

You guys in the states have never really had a left wing political movement have you?

To Bruce and others who don't like the labelling - that's fine. I also hate the fact that people need to label people for everything. However, the problem when it comes to voting is that we live in a representative democracy, not a true democracy. You don't get to vote on every issue, you just get to vote for individuals/parties. Because it is highly unlikely to get a candidate/party that matches your views on every topic, you have to vote for the party that matches most. There might be an election where a single issue dominates and you vote on that issue, overriding you position on other things, but in general you would vote for whoever matches your views the closest.

In this circumstance, I do think the original question posted (or at least the modified one) was reasonable. Although people's positions on individual issues may change over time, in general on issues such as tax, welfare, education, public spending etc ones views tend to stay pretty constant.

Guest Deuces Wild

You wish. I bet they went to the fruit fly convention in San Francisco this week. :lol:

lol I live in Florida, where it's really tropical and humid. (You know what I mean shogan!) Fruit flies love this place, curse their little wings. Worst of all, I live in Daytona Beach, right on the coast of Florida! And for those of you who like coming down here to Daytona during spring break, it's nothing special. Just a bunch of bums, hookers, and drug dealers. God I hate this place... I wouldn't mind living somewhere like North Dakota, if it wasn't so cold... God I hate the cold... lol