Sign in to follow this  
Guest Deuces Wild

Just Curious

I take that as the first reluctant liberal vote. :lol:

Deuces - why did you bother asking a supposedly serious question if all you are going to is bait those of us who are independently-minded enough not to want to be labelled?

How is this helpful? All you seem to be doing is trying to wind-up people who don't want to be packaged into some neat little label you and others want to enforce on others.

Your "humourous" comment says more about your prejudices than it says about TracyLynn, me or anyone else who chooses something different to what your preconceptions would like.

people are people - they don't fit into neat little packages like you would wish - except for the ones who LIKE the security of being one of the crowd.

No admitted liberals yet even though there are plenty to go around.  It certainly must be a dirty word no one wants to fess up to it. :lol:  :mrgreen:

I'm a liberal going by the views of a few members that anyone who doesn't agree with their view is a liberal. What's it to ya? :roller:

On a side note... my opinions are my own based on how I see issues, they are not tainted by any affilation or liking for any political party or school of thought. My opinions go across the board on various issues. If i'm a liberal based on my independently formed views then how does that affect anything?

lib·er·al    ( P )  Pronunciation Key  (lbr-l, lbrl)

adj.

1.Not limited to or by established, traditional, orthodox, or authoritarian attitudes, views, or dogmas; free from bigotry.

2.Favoring proposals for reform, open to new ideas for progress, and tolerant of the ideas and behavior of others; broad-minded.

3.Of, relating to, or characteristic of liberalism.

4.Liberal Of, designating, or characteristic of a political party founded on or associated with principles of social and political liberalism, especially in Great Britain, Canada, and the United States.

5.Tending to give freely; generous

6.Generous in amount; ample

Seems correct for the most part

Edited by Intratech

yeppers, thats me, Im the one allllll the wayyyyyy on the right.  :tup:  right wing and right minded.  

angela

I can't help but picture a bird with only one wing trying to fly. It slams to the ground, flaps as hard as it can but ends up just flopping around in a haphazard circle. Sad sight to see really, but then it only uses "one side" of it's mind so it thinks it's making some headway.

To soar like an eagle requires both wings, great vision, and a complete mind that can plan a course and change direction when it's required. :tup:

Edited by Bruce

To soar like an eagle requires both wings, great vision, and a complete mind that can plan a course and change direction when it's required. :tup:

Good analogy

Labeling is just so wrong. But to be proud of being one or the other can be... well .... bullheaded. It shows reluctantness (that a word? lol) to view issues with different perspectives. Everything in life has 2 sides.... 1 to balance the other. For every head, there is a tail. For every leg, there is an arm. Sonny and cher, moon and sun, blah blah blah you know what I mean.

Guest Hurdy

Same as Sir T - have always voted Conservative.

But I have liberal views.

Narrowminded right-wingers who sneer continually at the term 'liberal' and use it like an insult are so misguided.

If everybody thought the way you do then we'd all be wearing brown shirts.

Same as Sir T - have always voted Conservative.

But I have liberal views.

Narrowminded right-wingers who sneer continually at the term 'liberal' and use it like an insult are so misguided.

Wowser Hurdy! Is that a tenuous link, hopefully paving the way for you to post the 'depressing' article :shifty: I do hope so :lol:

What a stupid question,

I'm Canadian: As your neighbour I have no time to entertain such a luxury.

Imagine what it's like for your distant relatives.

Oh, I forgot -- You have no imagination....

I

Guest Deuces Wild

A pretty narrowminded statement to make Hurdy. No one is sneering at the word Liberal. It seems the left itself has made it something to be ashamed of.

But folks are missing the point. Of course it is sad if a person votes only Democrat or Republican. I don't think anyone here has said that they do. But everyone has to have a base core of beliefs, be them political or religious, and judge candidates based on those beliefs.

Perhaps the question should have been "Is your core political belief more conservative or more liberal".

How about we start from there.

And remember the forum rules when replying. I do not want this thread to be locked.

What a stupid question,

I'm Canadian: As your neighbour I have no time to entertain such a luxury.

Imagine what it's like for your distant relatives.

Oh, I forgot -- You have no imagination....

Care to elaborate Ian?

Edited by Deuces Wild

Guest Deuces Wild

Could I suggest you first define what you deem to be Conservative or Liberal. Might help us all to choose the correct team

How about pictures Andy?

Extreme liberal - Posted Image Michael Moore

Liberal - Posted Image Ted Kennedy

Conservative - Posted Image Ronald Reagan

Extreme conservative - Posted Image Pat Robertson

:rolleyes::):)

Edited by Deuces Wild

Guest Hurdy

It is funny but some liberals are ashamed of giving themselves that label as if it were a label of dishonor.

Again, I find it funny that no one has called themselves as liberal, as if it were a dirty word.

No admitted liberals yet even though there are plenty to go around. It certainly must be a dirty word no one wants to fess up to it

If that's not sneering then what is?

Nice montage but I don't think it helps much. I disagree with the 2 endpoints and foreigners may not recognize the pictures or their significance.

The extreme liberal is a movie producer. What about him is liberal. The extreme conservative is a Christian evangelical that is proposing the radical (read liberal) position that the US was founded by Christians and needs to move back toward its Christian foundation by praying for the deaths of some judges and politicians. In addition he is advocating the revision of history to support his views. I can't imagine a much more liberal approach than to revise history to make opinions fit reality.

Nice montage but I don't think it helps much. I disagree with the 2 endpoints and foreigners may not recognize the pictures or their significance.

yep.... or even care....!.. arf

Guest Hurdy

Perhaps the two ends of the spectrum eventually meet. ;)

True.

All opposites are equal.

Well if those are the definitions, and the molds everyone somehow must fit into, then I stand by my conclusion that I fit none of them.

Not a single one of them represents all of my beliefs, all of my stands on individual issue's, or has/had a political agenda I would or could back with 100% support. In other words the label don't describe my ingredients.

Guest Deuces Wild

Well if those are the definitions, and the molds everyone somehow must fit into, then I stand by my conclusion that I fit none of them.

Not a single one of them represents all of my beliefs, all of my stands on individual issue's, or has/had a political agenda I would or could back with 100% support. In other words the label don't describe my ingredients.

Again, we are not talking about "all" your beliefs. The revised question is:

Is your core political belief more conservative or more liberal?

My answer is again. Niether!

I have beliefs that can be considered either or. I have in the past voted for both parties, and will in the future.

I vote for the individual. Not the party. I vote on the issues at hand and who I think will do the best job job at providing solutions for those issues. In the last presidential election I didn't vote for either of the candidates on the ballot, because I didn't think either one of them was fit to be president of the United States.

I just don't see or do things in a one way or the highway fashion. I never have and I never will.

The question is ambiguous at best. The answer is none of the shoes fit, so I make my own.

Edited by Bruce