Sign in to follow this  
Guest Deuces Wild

Just Curious

Guest Deuces Wild

The Pit has over 13,000 members.

How many of you call yourself politically conservative?

Count me in a the first vote.

Guest Deuces Wild

If I'm not can I reply?? :) I still like you Jim. :mrgreen:

And I like you Linda. :):blushing:

We can disagree poltically but we agree on most everything else including the fact that you are a very nice person. :)

"politically conservative"

Thats pretty broad Jim... but I'm to the right of center on most things. :lol: v

Don't believe in labels. I vote each issue individually I have several views that could be considered "conservative".

I try not to look at things that way, I personally think it is such labels that are driving a divide between Americans, for some reason rather then expressing their personal belief on each particular issue, the people are making matters worse by supporting the proverbial fence. Far too many people choose because of "party" affiliation rather then issue's.

Don't much care for sweeping labels, never did, whether they be political, racial, ethnic, religous, sexual or anything else. I make my decisions on people not labels nor lines in the sand type labels.

Guest Deuces Wild

I don't like labels either but the bottom line is that most folks have either a liberal view of things or the opposite.

And no one says you cannot be a fence sitter like Volt. :)

I agree that labels especially now that they are being taken over by other groups may not be accurate. But I have voted for the most conservative candidates historically and if I had to be labeled I would most probably respond to conservative.

Guest Deuces Wild

Interesting how this is turning out, especially since SirT and CDave say they are politically right of Volt.

I consider myself conservative but CDave does too.....So how does one consider what's conservative? I am pro gun,pro life,pro business and I vote republican. I believe that this country was started with moral christian beliefs and the separation of church and state was intended to keep the state out of the church and not the chruch out of the state. Buy hey, that's just my anti american right wing radical view

I'm like Bruce - look at each issue separately and on its own merits.

Labelling / pigeonholing oneself is playing into the hands of manipulators (political parties / advertising/ corporations etc). We are all individuals and unique - and often full of contradictions.

so there!

I'm a Republican.

I love my country.

Will vote for anyone who will try to keep her safe.

I'm for George Bush....

If that a conservative, then that's what I am... ;)

Guest Deuces Wild

As I said originally, I am against labels. But if you cannot take a stand on your general beliefs, be it conservative, liberal or middle of the road you are not being honest. Most everyone takes a look at the issues and makes a decision on where they stand on them based on their general standards.

It is funny but some liberals are ashamed of giving themselves that label as if it were a label of dishonor.

I see that trend in this very thread.

I'm a Republican.

I love my country.

Will vote for anyone who will try to keep her safe.

I'm for George Bush....

If that a conservative, then that's what I am... ;)

What a shocker ;):P

I don't like labels either but the bottom line is that most folks have either a liberal view of things or the opposite.

Actually I would have to disagree with that. Only because it is a perception that there is a simple black and white view of things. Nothing is ever that simplistic, especially politics. It is that very view that is creating 90% of the problems we have in the House, the Senate, and especially the White House.

It's a shame that when anyone dare cross the line they are called weak, or that they don't have the "proper" views. The best and greatest leaders this country has had were middle of the road on issue's. Thought for themselves and worked with people who thought differently to come to agreements, to compromise, and to do what is best for America and it's people.

Black and White, right or wrong, with or against thinking simply doesn't work in a world full of an array of different colors, different ideals, different needs, different people, different cultures.............................

I'm pro death penalty, pro life, anti drug, anti alcohol, pro gun, pro individual rights, pro state rights, I supported the war in Afgahnistan, I wanted to attack Suadi Arabia.....................

What does that make me? :rolleyes:

Edited by Bruce

And I ain't no fence sitter either!! If I have an opinion on something important,,folks will know exactly which side of the damn fence I'm on. :) v

I lean towards the right of centre ... I have voted conservative in the past, last elections (UK) I voted for the liberals...probably go that way again too , not enough blood in me for the vampire...

As I said originally, I am against labels. But if you cannot take a stand on your general beliefs, be it conservative, liberal or middle of the road you are not being honest. Most everyone takes a look at the issues and makes a decision on where they stand on them based on their general standards.

It is funny but some liberals are ashamed of giving themselves that label as if it were a label of dishonor.

I see that trend in this very thread.

you seem to be saying "if you don't answer the question as i want it, then you must be liberal".

If that's the case - then excusee, but your bias is showing. I posted I don't / won't be pigon-holed and don't beleive many people can be. Label yourself all you want - label me if you must - underestimate me by assumption ,that's fine with me - but don't bleat about it later please when i do or say something that doesn't fit your narrowmindset...