Change Mode

Ntldr Not Found

dragnmastr85

Guest fragged one

maybe i'm reading this wrong, by you're moving a hdd with xp from one computer to another computer?

xp doesn't like that, at all. try a repair, but i'm not completely confident that'll do it.

Well for one, moving hard drives from one pc to another usuallly plays havac with the registry, you need to delete the ENUM (hardware layer) out of the registry of the pc you put the drive in.than re boot, so the pc picks up the correct hardware info

Edited by PowerChucker

I'm not entirely sure I understand the problem, but I sure do recognize the "ntldr not found" message. The first time I saw it, I ended up doing a complete format and reinstall. I then discovered the existence of an "XP boot disk". I have since had 3 or 4 ntldr not found adventures, but I merely boot from the floppy, and once I'm in I can run sfc /scannow. The last time I experimented a little and just booted from the disk and then shut down normally, and everything was O.K!

I'm at work for a few hours but I can post a copy of the XP boot disk for you to try when I get home. I tried googling for it and can't seem to find it. I'll try one more time.

edit:Bingo!

Hey! If this works, can you get me a discount on a X800XT?? :P

Edited by IntelGuy

I dont think its the hd anymore because I tried installing xp on a dif hd on the same comp and it still gave me its crap (referring to my old thread) around the same time. what do you guys suggest could be the problem now?

Edited by dragnmastr85

Try writing the hdd to all 0's, may have something on it Your hdd manufacture will have an app to to this

Also,check your install disk for smudges/scratches

Edited by Joe C